Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I thought V-Force was fast

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 05:54 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I thought V-Force was fast

Originally posted by: RaptorRacer1
The V-Force is a great machine. It is easy to ride, has lots of power, etc., etc. I am not knocking the 700. Am not saying the Raptor is a better quad. I was just letting everyone know the outcome of our little test. That is what the forum is about. Telling about your experiences and opinions. And I will keep my opinion until someone proves me wrong.
I have no doubt that your experience went down the way that you stated, I think that the reason you are receiving some of the comments that you have been getting is due to the title of the Thread. It has an almost sarcastic tone to it. Then coming from a Raptor owner, it makes the KFX700 owners put their defenses up.

On a funnier note, I started reading it, and your experience almost had a Penthouse Forums kind of sound to it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2003, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

RaptorRacer...

Yeah, i heard of bull gap.. up near mio. was only there twice, but haven't been back in 6 years. ever since my divorce from a mio girl; i sort of stay away from there. don't want to stir up old feelings for her big family or myself. so i sort of stay away.

i won't be back out to silver lake until either august 10th or 24th weekend. were headed up to burt lake for the week of july 20th and plan to do some trail riding around there. but maybe in the future, we'll go for a ride.

by the way, i live in saginaw...

talk with ya laters..

and yes, your thread started off like you were bashing the Vforce... and some people are real defensive and some don't care too much. me? i'm very very happy with my quad.. and that's all that matters right???

ok.. gonna go.

Old 06-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer

ok raptor racer, im sure you did beat the V force, but look what all you have done to your bike! did he have all those engine mods?? id like to know......a 400 EX will out run a V if its been modified enough. Please fill me in![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

The dude I raced said that he had the pipes and an aftermarket cam. I don't know if he had anything else done like airfilter or spring or whatever. That's all I know. But I don't have any "engine" mods. I haven't touched my engine. All I have are a few expensive, well thought out bolt-ons. The pipe for better exhaust breathing, the airbox and filter for better intake breathing. The Edelbrock carb for better fuel metering and much easier and less time-consuming adjustment. Tires for better traction. Lower shocks for less wheelies off the line. And the Dyna FS ignition for a better advance curve and a better spark.

So I guess the race was not fair and even, but that is the point of racing. If it were fair and even, everyone would cross the finish line at the same time. Irregardless, or unregarless, or non-regardless, or what ever the "real" word may be in the english language, I had fun and I look forward to racing more highly modifed 700s in the near future.

Later,

RR1

p.s. I know the title sounded confrontational or sarcastic, because I wanted lots of people to read it and post a reply for discussion.

Old 06-25-2003, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

I have been sitting on this story because I believe the moral to be self evident. However, this post has made me decide to tell it.

A week ago when I took my new V Force to break it it, me and my two riding buddies were having a blast. One bud was riding his 300EX and another bud was riding my Warrior. At the place where we ride, they are building a flat dirt dragstrip about 100 yards long. We screwed around racing the V against the 300EX and Warrior (giving them large headstarts and trying to catch them). A guy came over on a Honda 400 4 stroke dirt bike (didn't get the exact make but it looked relatively new) and wanted to drag race my 4 wheeler. My buddy who weighs about 145 lbs was riding it at the time, so he and the dirt bike lined up. I gave them the signal and they took off. The V has a hard time keeping the front wheel down on hard starts, so you have to ease into it a bit. Anyway, the V beat the dirtbike by about six quadlengths.

I could stop the story there and lead you to believe that this big 4 wheeler is quicker than a dirt bike. This is what happened next. I started talking to the dude on the dirtbike and found out that it was his first time out riding it and he had very little riding experience. I told him to wind the bike out in each gear a little harder and not to be afraid to get on it. With this advice, I jumped on the V and we raced. This time he beat me by about 4 quad lenghts which is more like it.

Racing is part machine and part rider. Wins and losses are determined by both. If you are going to drag race your quad, be prepared to accept the fact that you will win some races that you should have lost and lose some races that you should have won. If your ok with that, it can be a blast.

Old 06-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

That is sooo true homedawg. A guy with a predator was talking about how bad he beat his neighbor with a v, he said he was killing him by 4 quad lengths. Well my buddy said well race me on mine, well they raced about 4 times and everytime he beat the pred by a little over a bike length. The guy on the pred was like, how is this possible, he was stunned. Well my buddy with the V is prolly one of the best atv riders ive seen, so rider is a hige factor in the race.