Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Has this happen to your V-Force?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has this happen to your V-Force?

I was washing the 700 after a good muddy trail ride, and I noticed my gas tank skid with a dent in it. The dent was on the tool box side and the lower part going towards the rear shock. As I was looking at it, I said there's no way I could of ran over something to dent it where it was. So after closer look at where the dent was, I came to a conclusion that it came from the rear axle pumpkin. The dent was perfect to where the pumpkin is if I bottom out at the rear. I know I bottom out a couple of times with the stock suspension, but have not done so with the Elka's on. But I just noticed it today, and I have had the Elka's for 2 weeks. Maybe I over looked it, but I don't know. But it seem's odd the the rear pumpkin would go that high to hit the skid. So for those who have bottom out the suspension, see if your tank skid is dented too. I don't know if it's from the stock shocks or the Elka's, but it defanetly came from the pumpkin.

Old 06-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Range Rover

Most likely came from the Elka's. I don't think the stock shocks let it anywhere near the pumpkin. Try adding a little preload in the back.

Old 06-23-2003, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

Hey GE,

I'm with 3TV, I have also had the luxury of bottoming the Big V suspension (stock) on both ends and have no dents in the fuel tank plate. It's probably like 3TV said , the extra travel that U guys now have may cause this. You may want to give Elka a call as this is feed back that they may want / need to know for future set-ups, also they may be able to help you on the adjustments to help prevent this ( hitting the tank plate) while still keeping the suspension in balance with the fronts....

R-U going to the Wisp this weekend?... if so might bump into....you.

Anybody else going to the Wisp? (GNCC) @ Deep Creek, Maryland

I talked my buddy into going to the Wisp with his new and barely broken in Z-400, I convinced him that it was one of the easier ones on the schedule and that there is not much mud / since it is at a golf and ski resort ...how bad could it be.......shhh I won't tell if you don't...he he he [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

He was worried that he does not have cool looking riding gear....and that he will have to wear jeans and work boots, I told him not to worry, it's not a big deal, people don't care what your wearing and to just have fun, and besides I told him to just say your part of the Howell Brothers Racing Team [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .....lol

Later.......tarrat