Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Vforce clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vforce clicking noise

I took my VForce in to get the recall work done (throttle cable), when I got it back it had a very definate clicking sound eminating from the plastic cover over the belt. Its sporatic like a rock in a can type of sound. I took it back and he's had it for days and says he still isn't sure what the cause is. He said maybe a valve or (forgive me I am not a mechanic) something about a tension rod?

Any of you experienced a sound like this? I am supposed to go to St Anthony this weekend, but I think my poor beast will still be out of commission.

Old 06-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

If he was to fix the throttle cable and thats it why would it come back with a noise someplace that has nothing to do with the throttle cable? I would get on his butt. Tell him to fix it and by the weekend. Theres no excuse for that.

To help figure out the rattle or tick explain how loud it is or what it sounds like. Then maybe we can help you out.

Old 06-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

or...it could be the same clinking noise that all V-Forces do while decelerating and thru choppy terrain, I am pretty sure this is common with both the V and the Prairies...just a thought............tarrat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2003, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

this is true tarrat thats why we need to know when and how and so forth so we can see what it is.

Old 06-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Ya know, those belted beasts have shoes in the drive pulley that could make that noise. The shoes make a tapping sound at idle on most of our 650s. It goes away when moving. It comes from the front of the belt cover. Get used to that one, you'll hear it a lot. It isn't bad, and it doesn't mean anything.

Could that be your noise?

Old 06-26-2003, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

I have had the machine for several month now and know pretty well all the sounds it usually makes. This just started happening AFTER the recall work.

I even took the guy over to listen to some of the Vforce's they had on the lot, and they definately don't make this sound.

The sound it not a reqular clicking but more like you would expect if you put a penny in an empty clothes dryer or a rock in a coffee can and shook it. Its like something came loose and is jumping and rattling around. Its most evident at idle, the engine and belt noise tend to overpower it when you accelerate.

I noticed it right away, I had a prairie before and it definatley never made this sound.

Old 06-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Thats not good. It sounds like they dropped somthing inside the engine. Did they have the carbs off when they did this work? Did they do any other work to it like belt deflection or oil change or anything? I put my secondary back together on my p650 once. One of the buttons wanst in all the way and fell out. It made sound similar to what your describing.

Old 06-27-2003, 01:39 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry, Skurj [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I thought you was a "just picked up my V today" ...newbie...

Sounds like you know your quad & know you got a problem, more I thought about it does sound like something not too good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

goodluck , hope you get it figured and lets us know your out come........

"well, off to the Wisp GNCC"........tarrat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Trailblazer

Finally after 2 weeks the shop gives up, calls me and says: " I can't find what it is, I will put it together you come get it and see if the noise gets worse or better as you ride it."

A stupid answer, and I don't know if I should be relieved alarmed or suspicious but when I went to pick it up the guy says; " Uh....when I put it back together it didn't make that noise anymore".

I rode it hard today for about 3 or 4 hours, still runs great and the noise is gone......dunno what to think.

Old 07-06-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

I would think the mechanic might have found a loose nut or something that may not have been properly assembled to begin with, loosened and fell off. As with cars, and this is my humble opinion, it's hard to find a good, honest mechanic. When you do, stick with him.

Mark

Quick Reply: Vforce clicking noise