Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Wheel spacers for V-force???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel spacers for V-force???

Does anyone make them???

I bought my wife a V-force,and I want to make this thing as safe as possible for her. We ride nothing but the dunes,and I think she would feel more comfortable on some of the OFF-CAMBER climbs,and decents if the V-was as wide as my DS. also I wouldn't mind making it alittle lower. Is getting after-market shocks the only way of achieving this???

Thanks,

Bigger.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bigger,
Putt from that "Other Forum" . The only weak link I've found on the V-Force is the stock shocks, I know this mod is alittle on the pricey side but not only does the Elka's lower the V, it makes it handle a zillion times better. Do her a favor, invest in them. It's the best "bang for the buck" you can do. As far as the widening, I can't help you. My DS is set up strickly for the dunes and it is as you said, quite a bit wider then my V. I use the V strickly for the dirt where as the width seems fine. Good luck, Putt

Old 07-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thanks man!

How much does the elkas cost??

Bigger.

Old 07-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

I've been looking into spacers a little. DMIracing.com will make aluminum spacers any size you want, I spoke to them and they will make them to your specs. Seems like other places have a set width, no width selection. I dont have any yet though.

Also I noticed you can flip your front rims and gain about 4-5" total but the valve stem will rub the brakes unless you place your washers between the hub and rim and take the valve cap off. I drove my blaster for 3 years with flipped front rims, but I havent tried it yet with the 700.

Old 07-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

BIGGERISBETTER...

The rear hubs on the V-Force have the same bolt pattern as the 650 ( & now 700 ) Prairies, so there are a number of standard aftermarket companies that make wheel spacers 1" - 2" for the 4 on 137 bolt pattern...

I use what's called Stemless valve stems on my front wheels, for Hare Scramble races ( there is nothing outside the rim to catch on anything )... these could be used on your front wheels to mount them backwards ( I initially used these on my spare tire, so that it could be mounted on the front or rear )... the valve stem unit itself is on the inside of the wheel, & a traditional looking valve stem screws into it for inflation / deflation... otherwise a chrome cap ( looks like a washer with out the hole, & with a screw driver slot cut into it ), is screwed into it to keep dirt out of it... they work really well & cost 4-5 times more than a regular valve stem, but much much less than wheel spacers...

From what I've heard, PUTTNUT24 is right on with the Ekla's... they have progressive springs & are leaps & bounds ( no pun intended ) ahead of the other available shocks

Have A Good One ... WAM

Old 07-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bigger,
I purchased mine, front and rears from Christain Paul Motor sports. I've heard they have done more R&D on the V then anyone else. They'll take all your info (size,weight, riding style and so worth) and set the shocks up just right. Mine were right on the money, right out of the box. If you were to purchase them direct thru Elka, there almost 1800 bucks, through Rick at www.christianpaulmotorsports.com they were 1450 to my door step. There number is 581-661-6321. Whatever you do, mention this forum, I believe the guy I talked to was Rick, take care, Putt

Old 07-15-2003, 12:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys,

I will first reverse my front wheels for added stability. I did this on a banshee I used to own, and just inverted the oniginal valve stem,and then tapped a new valve stem on the other side of the wheel. Then I will add wheel spacer to the rear.(any advise on were to go to get these??)

$1450....damn !!! I think i'll wait.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 07-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Try Highlifter a www.highlifter.com. I have seen spacers on their website.

Old 07-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: newbeatle
BIGGERISBETTER...

The rear hubs on the V-Force have the same bolt pattern as the 650 ( & now 700 ) Prairies, so there are a number of standard aftermarket companies that make wheel spacers 1" - 2" for the 4 on 137 bolt pattern...

I use what's called Stemless valve stems on my front wheels, for Hare Scramble races ( there is nothing outside the rim to catch on anything )... these could be used on your front wheels to mount them backwards ( I initially used these on my spare tire, so that it could be mounted on the front or rear )... the valve stem unit itself is on the inside of the wheel, & a traditional looking valve stem screws into it for inflation / deflation... otherwise a chrome cap ( looks like a washer with out the hole, & with a screw driver slot cut into it ), is screwed into it to keep dirt out of it... they work really well & cost 4-5 times more than a regular valve stem, but much much less than wheel spacers...

From what I've heard, PUTTNUT24 is right on with the Ekla's... they have progressive springs & are leaps & bounds ( no pun intended ) ahead of the other available shocks

Have A Good One ... WAM
That sounds cool, I'll have to find some of those and get them on. THen all I need is rear spacers. Too bad the stock stems weren't 1/8" shorter, that would have done it.

Old 07-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

I would never order again with Rick at Christian Paul Motorsports. I ordered my Elkas around the last week of June and he told me I would have them the week of July 4th and they did not come. After trying to contact them for 3 days (they have no rollover line 2/callwaiting and no answering machine or voice mail) and getting either no answer or a busy signal I left a message with a lady whom said they would call me back that day to let me know what happend. Then after another couple of days I left another message with the same lady. Rick finally called back last week and said I would have them last friday......well Friday came and went and no shocks! I called yesterday and threatened to charge back my purchase on my Credit Card since I had been LIED to several times. They finally called back and said they would ship them out YESTERDAY. I told them I expected next day air since i have been jerked around......and when I tracked the shipment it was UPS GROUND.

Their service is absolutely the worst I have encountered in a while. If I had to do again, I would order from Elka direct or Duncan racing. I get the impression Rick is working a full time job doing something else and does this part time when he is off work and just can't seem to get his crap together. As far as knowledgable, yes he is, but you can get the same info from ELKA direct or just about any other company that sells Elka.

Take it from me, spend your $1500 with someone that can appreciate your business.

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers for V-force???