Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Running from the law!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running from the law!

I've done it plenty of times on my sled and in my truck. we got plenty of side roads in my area to ditch them on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I have yet to do it on my Raptor.

Old 07-20-2003, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

My only cop story as far as riding goes dates back to when I was 16 and living in Michigan on an Air Force Base. One night a buddy of mine and I decided to go for a snowmobile ride around 8pm, we had just got about 8" of fresh snow that day so that riding was going to be real good. We went to some of our usual riding spots and had a blast, and then my buddy suggested we try the hill near the field by the WSA (weapons storage area), this is Air Force jargon for where they store the conventional and nuclear weapons. We were having a great time, the hill was fairly steep with a nice little lip on top where the snow had blown so we were catching some decent air. We thought we had left enough space between us and the WSA, we never got closer then 50 yard to the first security fence. Appartenly this was not enough distance as we soon noticed about 6 security vehicles with lights on sitting over by the road, add to this that the lights suddenly came on in the gaurd towers.....oops, maybe we should not be here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. We see that the security people at the vehicles are motioning us over so we drove over to them and cut the engines to our sleds. Right after we cut the engines we were ordered from a loudspeaker to lay face down in the snow and not move[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img], seeing how there was about 12 guys and half of them had M16s we gave no protest. Ahh, there is nothing like having the base Security Commander call your father and tell him that they have your son sprawled eagle out by the WSA because we got to close to it. After checking our dependent IDs and calling our parents we were released to go home, and d@mn was that a long ride home, nothing like riding home and getting to cotemplate what the punishment was going to be. Grounded for 2 weeks!!! That was many years ago, but seems like it was just yesterday, me and my parents laugh about it now. I didn't fight the law, and the law still won[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

awesome story

Old 07-21-2003, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

My dad remodeled the house for our local sheriff, so i usually get away with riding around on the roads. He clocked my zilla at 93MPH one time. All he said was "damn that thing is fast" lol. I live in the central valley(san joaquin valley). There are 10's of thousands of acres of farm land around here. I can ride for 30 or so miles just following farmer's dirt roads around fields. I always keep my speed down around 20MPH on other peoples properties, but sometimes, the owners do come after me. I ran a couple of times while on the zilla, but never while on my RM400(louder than ****, they could find me where ever I went)

JaMeS

Old 07-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

wow...people who run from the cops are the ones who make others look bad...but they do have the best stories!!

Old 07-23-2007, 03:59 AM
Trailblazer

All I ask is that you don't kill yourself or anyone else please. Way to much paperwork.
Just remember, you can't beat radio waves!!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

the cops around me will wait in the woods for you to pass and then jump on you and rip you off the quad. they also throw big logs infront of you. its pritty crazy that they can do that but thats what cops do i gess

Old 07-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

I was doing some hot laps on a dirt road near my house a few weeks ago,then started to head back too my house down a paved road near other houses. I always ride slow as I can near homes so I don't **** people off,well the law saw me going 10-15mph on the side of the road and thought he would make a point by pulling me over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I never thought he would give me a ticket because I was respecting home owners and him but I was wrong. The ***** gave me a $60 and told me to push it home or get someone to come get it. Next time if I KNOW I can get away without them knowing who it is,I"m GONE. I gues I'm lucky he didn't see me doing 75 down the dirt road[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

DEP in Pa are sneaky. They will push their quad on its side and lay in the bushes. When you stop to help, you get a ticket. So, if you are wrecked and I go flying by, blame it on the state, hope your not hurt, but with no regestration on the R (yet, waiting on the state) Im not losing my machine.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Dirthead,

Sounds like KI Sawyer AFB. I live about 15 miles from there.

This is what I do, when I absolutely have to take the side of the road, I go 10 mph. I see the police almost every time I ride and I wave to them as they approach and they just wave back. I've NEVER been pulled over on my ATV. There are so many riders that beg to get pulled over and ticketed that they don't even bother with the apparently responsible riders like me.

Good luck guys!!

Quick Reply: Running from the law!