Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Any info on CDI box KFX-700?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any info on CDI box KFX-700?

Anyone heard of CDI units avaiable for the V yet? Truckloads of money to be made on those for the first producer. This quad needs to be unleashed from the "evil" factory CDI unit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2003, 11:52 PM
MRV
Weekend Warrior

Mudfoot, check out the "Ultimate Ignition" thread. alltoys is working on a new ignition right now and should be testing it on the V any time. He is estimating 100 MPH top speeds!!

Old 07-31-2003, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

If alltoys would put some of his knowledge up for sale he'd be able to retire three weeks from now... He seems to be the HP master....Come on alltoys we all have open wallets for a CDI unit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2003, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer

I was at the Kawi dealer the other day picking up my service manual and the parts guy said that a new CDI was already out for the V-Force.

I forget the name of the manufacturer and I called them this morning. The guy is not in yet. I will try again later today to get the name.

Old 07-31-2003, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer

Dyna Performace Electronics is building fully programmable DC-CDIs for the KFX400. I would think it will only be a matter of time before they release a KFX700 version.

The Dyna FS for quads is our hottest new product this year. Direct Plug in Performance. As used by winning pro racers worldwide. Now available to You! Available with features that will let you customize your quad, and make it the trickest, fastest, baddest one around.

Features

Programmable Timing Curves (4)
Programmable Rev Limits
Increased Spark Energy
Improved Throttle Response
Easier Starting
Programmable RPM Activated Outputs(2) (Can be used for Nitrous Activation, Shift Light, Auto Shifter, or Boost Control)
Tach Output
Shift Kill Interrupt(Allows clutchless shifting)
External Curve Selector Switch
Plug-In Module Replacement (Easy Mounting)

Sent them an email about a CDI unit for the KFX700...

Old 07-31-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Delmustator,
Unfortuneately Dyna tried I should say they spent a day looking at the system on a 650 and gave up as it would take a major undertaking and they would not recover the cost initialy. The fellow to talk to is Scott he is an ignition guru and he has sent the problem to his design team and for what that means at least to me is.....take a hike till we determine there is any real support for the ignition. You are right about a fully tuneable ignition would be fantastic with Nos switchs and so on. It seems there is no dedicated ignition company that wants to tackle our problem. The ones that have looked into it have found the only way to modify the system is to install a new independent unit but the cdi controls a great amount of information. What they don't realize is they don't have to replace the cdi just eliminate the cdi from the ignition circuit. Then an ignition can be used to do what ever is necessary. I have been all over the country to adapt anything that might work there are only a few systems that will work on the crank. There are a lot of companys systems that will work on the cam shaft but not with a 90 degree fired motor. The only other motor in the world and I mean the world is the Ducati sport machine V-twin. The company that produces the cdi for the Ducati would you believe also produces the cdi for the Kawi 650 V-twin imagine that. So you see where I am leading with this. The cdi is a dedicated system not easily adapted for performance.

Old 07-31-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

It might we worth going to a few Ducati forums and ask about their CDI, they have been out much longer and they may have cracked the CDI.

Old 08-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

BBertram,
It is possible I find any specialty forum or page or narrowed spectrum format they don't want to talk to anyone outside their domane. That is to bad as there is so much that can be learned. I find my most important information gurus are race guys at the track and sled people. Both are wacky my kind of people eager to experiment.

Old 08-01-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

I have been searching google and find a fair bit of 90-degree v-twins out there. Dynojet makes a fuel injection and ignition box that lets you modify the fuel injection and ignition. Now we don't have fuel injection but an ignition and they make these PCIIIR things for 90-degree V-Twins. I don't know enough to know if these things are useable but I know enough to ask questions...hehe.

Old 08-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

alltoys-you need to go look in the mirror man; you're the guru! Good luck on all your high HP "missions"-

Quick Reply: Any info on CDI box KFX-700?