Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Got my V fixed, HMF jetting was the cause. WOO!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my V fixed, HMF jetting was the cause. WOO!

Woohoo!
I went down to ASK in Columbus today, The owners son in law Rich hooked me up and let Teddy's friend Josh work on my bike on the spot. Lucky for me, he had some 160/165 jets stashed for his personal use [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
He put holes in my air box, adjusted the needle, disconnected the carb coolant lines, checked everything out and when he put it back together it was a world of difference!! I took it for a test drive and pulled wheelies from one side of the parking lot to the other! No more sputtering at all, it is perfect. The HMF pipes really sound like a Harley blasting down the road! Great throttle response, I could let off and the front would start going down and with a blip it was right back up there even at around 40+ mph. I was so psyched I went on a shopping spree and bought LoneStar rear billet hubs for my Douglas Ultimate Billet Beadlocks, AC skid plate, belly pan, front bumper, rear bar, nerfs, swing arm guards, and got the whole computer setup from Trail Tech. They told me the A arm guards have not come out yet, I will be waiting for those!! It is now Pink spring time for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Crap, I am running out of stuff to buy for my Wicked V!!!
Anyway, I dont remember being this happy after finishing up my DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just wish someone had Black plastic for the V. Orange is cool but black just owns all.
Thanks ASK!! Oh and thanks to Teddy for being Josh's V Force Guinea Pig!! After doing so much work on Teddy's V he knew exactly what to do for mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2003, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Very cool, sounds nice. Can you get me a sound clip of your exhaust?

Old 08-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Range Rover

My wheels and hubs should be here tomorrow. I will take pics and movies this weekend.

Old 08-01-2003, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

I have been trying to get my V to run like that but i cant run jets that big. It just runs like crap. I put alot of holes in the thing tried more less and so on. What did the jets look like that he put in it? hex or round? I heard some are running the hex.

Old 08-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mtecate4g
I have been trying to get my V to run like that but i cant run jets that big. It just runs like crap. I put alot of holes in the thing tried more less and so on. What did the jets look like that he put in it? hex or round? I heard some are running the hex.
When I put in the big jets .. it spits at the mid point. I think It needs the needles adjusted when you use jets that large.

I ordered the dynojet kit this week