Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Too Good to be true??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too Good to be true??

I got this email today, from a lady wanting to buy my quad. Its just she is in France. Here is the original email, minus the addy and the name. I want your opinion of what everyone thinks. Should I believe her??

Good day ,
I am an American but base in France due to the sales deal in France.I would like to buy some 220 Bayou($2000) and i will like to know the condition of the it and your best offer,i have a local shipper that takes care of my shipping,shipping is no problem, as soon as the transaction is completed my shipper will come to pick it up.my only request is if you will accept a cashier check or wire transfer into your account , so if this is ok by you kindly let me know .Also,i would like you to pls get in touch with me ..Pls i look forward to your reply ASAP

Old 08-01-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Not sure how much you would make off them at that price? If she will do a wire transfer there is no risk to you, only her. Interesting offer though.

Old 08-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

IT'S A SCAM. DO NOT SEND THEM ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would turn that e-mail in to your ISP and let them take it from there. There has been a lot of these e-mails showing up again lately. Do a search on these forums. Yours is the 3rd that I have seen in here so far.

Old 08-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

CREEPY- French fries sound good, but this deal sounds Weird!

Old 08-01-2003, 01:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well, i told that person about my quad. Thinking telling them wouldn't hurt right. Didn't send any pictures or anything. Then she sends me this email back. It just sounds too familiar to me. This was something that happened to the lady I bought my horse off of, but it was with a car and $17,000. Well, it ended up being this huge case, police involved. So I think I'm just going to have to tell that person that we have sold it. My dad knows someone interested that isn't in France. They are close by here. Here is what they sent back. Its just a bunch of bull. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for your mail,I am okay with the price $1700, has for now i'm not in the state,i'm in france,And i have a client over there that is owing me $6,000 he will wire the money into your account ,So i will want you to help me send the remaning balance
of the money through (western union).to my Shipping Agent immediately my client get the money wire into your account ,If this is ok with you reply me with your full account information so that i can forward it
to my client ASAP.
Looking forward to your response.

I think all she wanted was my account, to steal my money. How gullable do I look?? That person probably isn't even in France. Shes probably in the States.

Everyone beware of something like this!

Old 08-01-2003, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

lol, thats funny. If you can some how get her/him to transfer the money into your account without them knowing your account info then you would get them!

Old 08-01-2003, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer

Seems like they are targeting off-road enthusiasts lately. I've seen similar offers on other forums for trucks and such. Its a money laundering scheme. They want to give you 6000 for the bayou and have you transfer the other 4300 to them.

Old 08-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

It's not a money laundering scam. It's just a scam plain and simple. I have a friend that was selling a street bike and he was approached with the same kind of deal. He received a "casheirs" check for more that the amount and proceeded to send the bike and a check for the remaining portion of the overage. He got screwed. The cashiers check cleared and posted to his account, but as soon as the check that he had written had cleared, the bank contacted him and told him his account was in the negative now. Somehow the cashiers check amount was found to be no good but somehow posted temperarily to his accoun. The bank didn't claim liability so my friend was screwed bigtime. And when he tried to contact the buyer of his street bike, the email address and phone # he had been givin no longer worked.

Old 08-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Defintely a scam.. One thing nobody mentioned is that the person claims to be an American in France. but listen tot he writing. They can hardly put a sentence together. Defintely not an American.

Old 08-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

The 6k owed to him is dirty , thats how they get there money, they buy something and have a bunch of money wired or a cashers check sent to you and you have to get another cashers check and send them the balance back . This was on 20/20 or something like that , it is working cause the FBI or who ever is haveing trouble tracking this dirty money that goes over seas . Its kinda like the whole rob a bank sell the dirty money for .50 on the dollar for Swiss bonds or over seas travelers checks .

If they will send you a cashers check for the exact amount you want do it , but I doubt they will , and dont take there send me the balance scam cause if anything goes south then Bubba or Vinne will be knockin on your door ...lol

Quick Reply: Too Good to be true??