Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Man, I'll tell yea......

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man, I'll tell yea......

Most of you don't know how lucky you are. In order for me to take my V out for a ride, I have to pack everything up and drive a minimum of two hours to somewhere where I can legally ride and not have to worry about getting busted or pissing someone off. I guess it's time for this City Boy to pack up and head for the country!
Anyway, I just wanted to bring this up to the attention of you guys that can hop on your ride , hit your backyards are ride forever. Stay Gratefull!! Putt

Old 08-01-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

i hear ya. to get to a decent riding spot we have to do the same but have to drive for about 3 hrs.

one of these days im gonna get about 1000 acres and just ride all the time. that would be sweeeeeeet.

Old 08-01-2003, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

sorry to hear that yal cant ride without driving for hours...thats why i love the country i can ride when i want and dont have to worry about packing up the famliy...i feel for ya guys.

michael

Old 08-01-2003, 01:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I liked it when the people from the city didn't care for the country. Now the country is turning into little towns. Especially since 911 people have been buying up land like crazy.

It is nice to drive from the house up to the mountain.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 5 min. drive.

Old 08-01-2003, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

It is nice to drive from the house up to the mountain. 5 min. drive.

man, i really have to move! somewhere where i can ride everyday. somewhere with mountains, trails and sanddune. where is a place like that? only in california?

Old 08-01-2003, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

Putt- I live in the central valley, about 20 min from the slough(Mainly empty riverbed), its pretty fun;trails,fair hills,sand straights(people drag on the weekends there), also chowchilla mountain is only 40 min away, so many trails,camping, you can actually driver over the mountain and down into the Wawona golf course; the people on the green kinda freak out though. Then if you feel like a roadtrip pismo is like 3.75-4hrs.away. It would be sweet though to just fire up the quad and take off...hats off to you lucky souls.

Old 08-01-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

i hate to rub it in but i have trail access from an old town road right next to my driveway. i go out the garage, up the driveway, make a left onto the street and a quick left into the trails. they lead to some woods riding and a huge sand pit. i also have old abandoned rr tracks about three minutes from my house which lead to more trails.

yeah, i LOVE the country!!!

sorry you city guys are having such a hard time. drop me a line when you are in ny and maybe i can show you city boys some real country riding.

Old 08-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

i live in the wanna-be country (just out side of a city) but theres really no place to legally ride. we also have to drive 2-3hours to get down to our hunting camp, then its much like jwkawi descirbed

Old 08-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

open the shop ride out the door head across the street acres upon acres of head land cane fields ditches to jump { not to mention 100 yards of dirt brought in on my property for lot leveling } man i feel for you city folk !!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Putt, just hop on your fatboy. Your're the lucky one.

Tell you what, here in utah, there are more places to ride than any state. I can get to the sand dunes in 1 1/2 hrs towing, or go trail riding right from my house. Sometimes my group goes to the dunes, and I meet them there after work in my car. Once I got there in 40 minutes, did over 100mph the whole way, mostly abandoned highway. I need to move closer to those dunes. Then I could go every day, just when I get off work.

I can drive in my neighborhood streets too. I've passed cops but they just ignored me. My wife got pulled over once, and they gave her a verbal warning to say off the street. She was criusing with her mom and sister, right down the road. The cop probably got mad cause they go too slow.