Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lonestar Billet Hubs - Dont buy them!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lonestar Billet Hubs - Dont buy them!!

As I posted before, I bought Douglass Billet Beadlocks for my V. For the rear you have to convert to 24 spline 400 EX hubs to match up to popular wheel size.(4/110) Then to match the width of the V Force rear wheels, you need to install spacers. I ordered the Lonestar Billet Hubs as they were around 100 dollars cheaper then the Durablue hubs. I also ordered the Durablue wheel spacers to match the stock V width. However it was brought to my attention by RodSquads that the LoneStar Billet hubs are threaded and equipped with Standard (SAE) 3/8 fine thread studs. Rod's suggestion was to use a thread tap to convert to metric sizes.
This is in my opinion a unacceptable method of fitment. My question was why on earth would Lonestar be selling hubs for Metric based applications with SAE hardware?? I called Lonestar Tech Support and was told the reason they use SAE hardware was they allowed for more play when installing wheels. Which in turn made them fit better.... -Huh??
I am returning my Lonestar Hubs and have ordered Durablue Hubs with Billet Caps which come in the proper Metric diameter to have a proper fit with the spacers and 4/110 wheels.
The LoneStar Hubs are really nice. They are beautifull to look at and their tech support was on the line in 3 minutes when I called. They also gave me no hassle when opting to return them. Great company.
However, when I checked the 4/110 wheels on the LoneStar Hubs for fitment they had a ton of play when centering on the SAE 3/8 fine thread studs. They supply you with washers and flat bottomed self locking nuts. I dont see how anyone could use them without having your wheels wobbling down the road. the only way I could see to center them is by taking your best guess where to center your wheel on the hub, and crank the nuts on there as tight as you can. I would bet the first jump you take, the wheel will slide to the lowest point on the stud and your wheel will be off center from the hub.
Lonestar - WTF?!?! Put the right hardware on your product!!!!

Old 08-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lonestar Billet Hubs - Dont buy them!!

The wheel spacers are 2" OR 2.5"? Are they the graphite ones or the metal ones? I need to order a pair as well but I am considering, or looking into an Excaliber/Durablue adjustable axel. Does anyone know if they make them for the VForce?