Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Streetbike CVT motor swap....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streetbike CVT motor swap....

I was thinking today. A lot of guys want to swap streetbike motors into quads for tons of more power. Also a of guys that either already have a CVT quad (Scramblers, V-Force, etc.) or for the other guys that have a manual tranny but want to switch over to CVT for racing...

I'm not sure if anyone has done it yet...but I thought the perfect swap would be an Yamaha RX-1 motor. The RX-1 is the snowmobile with the R-1 streetbike motor mounted to a CVT transmission. It juices out 145 HP I think. I know a lot of people are doing R-1 conversions into Raptors and the such...but I just thought you CVT guys could use the RX-1 instead. Pretty much the same motor specs as the R-1, but no need to mess around with trying to make it work with CVT.

Just an idea...thought you guys might like it.

Jeff (I posted the same thread in the Polaris forum)

Old 08-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streetbike CVT motor swap....

I've thought about using the MC & snowmobile motors for building a mud bog racing only ATV ... the earlier Polaris chain drive chassis would be a good inexpensive platform... could easily change final gear ratio, while still using the CVT... I always thought the Honda V - 4 water cooled 750's would be a good motor... but don't know anything about the Yamaha motor you're refering to... if a guy really had the jing, the new 4 stroke snowmobile motors would be the ticket ( or is that what Yamaha motor you're talking about )...hmm...maybe...LOL... WAM