Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Just Bought a V

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought a V

I just picked up a new V-Force about an hour ago. I choose it over a Raptor and a DS650. I'm pretty excited about it. Any suggestions concerning break-in? performance hop-ups? general suggestions?

Old 08-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Just Bought a V

You will be very happy with the V-Force. My only dislike is on steep downhills it free wheels from a dead stop. You can thumb the throttle a little to help with this, but it is a little awkward. A couple of times I have turned up the idle speed before descending; same result. As far as mods, just search around in here. It looks like the favorite is dmc alien duals or hmf's with rejetting and maybe venting the airbox a little. Various primary clutch springs are being tried also. My only near miss so far was drag racing on gravel, and going too far into a turn before letting out. The V is deceptively quick, so don't get too wild before you get used to it's accelerating and braking capability. This will get you into trouble on anything loose. Be careful and have fun.......Oh yeah, I think the manual says something about laying off full throttle for ten hours or so.

Old 09-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Just Bought a V

LOL CAM650...u made a post in the yam room... yzf vs raptor " im going to buy one of them " and know look at yea...u went out and settled for less LOL. i can't wait till u run into a raptor and he buts that green pos in its place and it will having u running to yamaha to pick up a raptor or and new yzf!

Old 09-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Just Bought a V

Real classy 66oDisturbed! Pay no mind to that crap cam650. The raptor is slightly faster stock vs. stock on top end. Don't let garbage posts discourage you. The aftermarket is just getting started for the V. You definitely made the smartest buy. There are a couple of raptors around here that have been modded, both are broken right now and one of the owners just bought a 400ex if that tells you anything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Just Bought a V

Boy what a jerk! having a raptor must make you feel above everything. they do have more top end than a V but thats where it ends. The V is a hole lot better ride. Ive never used the term "craptor" but I will use it to from now on to discribe the cocky owners instead of the bike! The V will have many mods to come to improve the top end, dont listen to the "craptors".

Old 09-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Just Bought a V

Great choice. Had mine since March , runs great.

Old 09-02-2003, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Just Bought a V

3TV-

I chose the V because I won't be racing. If I were going to race, then of course I would have choosen the YFZ. I mostly ride utility's but I wanted a sport as a project. I want to hop it up in the coming months. I decided on the V utimately because of the ease of use and how it felt to ride. The Raptor was very nice however it felt tippy and unstable. The YFZ was just plain too small for me, it felt VERY awkard. I almost bought a DS650. I loved the way it rode and the power was nice however it didn't have reverse.

Old 09-02-2003, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer
Default Just Bought a V

Originally posted by: CAM650
3TV-

I chose the V because I won't be racing. If I were going to race, then of course I would have choosen the YFZ. I mostly ride utility's but I wanted a sport as a project. I want to hop it up in the coming months. I decided on the V utimately because of the ease of use and how it felt to ride. The Raptor was very nice however it felt tippy and unstable. The YFZ was just plain too small for me, it felt VERY awkard. I almost bought a DS650. I loved the way it rode and the power was nice however it didn't have reverse.

Sounds like you made a great choice....Enjoy that bike!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Just Bought a V

cam650 you made a good choice the V is very fun to ride. when some good mods come out for it is going to be a force to be reckened with. i have a predator to if i want to race somebody i get it out if i just want to go have fun the V is hard to beat. all so i have found that i can ride the V all day and not be wore out at the end of the day. Man when i ride my predator all day im wore out at the end of the day. now im going to have to do something about the bump steere on the V cause my wife and girls ride it sometimes. i think it will be an easy fix just got to find time to do it.

Old 09-02-2003, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Just Bought a V

Originally posted by: 66oDisturbed
LOL CAM650...u made a post in the yam room... yzf vs raptor " im going to buy one of them " and know look at yea...u went out and settled for less LOL. i can't wait till u run into a raptor and he buts that green pos in its place and it will having u running to yamaha to pick up a raptor or and new yzf!

Yeah right.

Piped Raptor vs. Piped V-Force

Make no mistake, you have bought the quad with the best 4-stroke motor ever put in an ATV.

Quick Reply: Just Bought a V