Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force racers......need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force racers......need help

OK, I'm getting addicted to drag racing the V, but I'm getting my butt kicked around here. I put in the purple spring, which helped some. I have a friend with a stock raptor, but can't get him to race so I can see how much the spring helped. I have been killed by a raptor with some engine, exhaust, and gear mods. I also got embarrassed today by a heavily modded 400 ex[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] We ran for about 300-400 ft. He got me by about 2 quad lengths. Will the duals and jetting make a big difference? Based on KevinM's results, I should get some respect back. Are the pro-circuits any better than the aliens? I found an alien dealer at $549.00 and free shipping. Are there any cheap wheel and tire combos to save significant weight? I saw a V owner at the track last week who replaced the front shocks with aluminum tubing to race. I'm sure that saved some weight. He did this to help keep front down when launching. Come on V racers talk to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hope the duals and jetting will pick this thing up a few mph.

Old 08-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

Where's all the racers? It could be that everyone's out riding on this holiday weekend, and I'm spending too much time on the internet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We are getting a good dose of rain every few hours here and the forecast doesn't give much relief[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2003, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

I'm about to fall off the page [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2003, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

The purple you got from Hotseat is not the same purple I'm using. The Hotseat purple is rated at 70/140, it will be better than stock but will not perform nearly as well as the one I have. Try the AAEN green or HPD plain spring for better performance. The duals and correct jetting will add a true 5 HP increase. Another key is to be able to launch full throttle with a little wheel spin to keep the front end down, don't ever race with a V on pavement if you can avoid it.

Old 08-31-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey kevin, will you give us a little spring 101 as far as what is good or bad on "rates"....thanks, Mark

Old 09-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Range Rover

kevin how would that AAEN green spring do for everyday use or trail riden? is it just a drag racing spring?

thanks

Old 09-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Range Rover

has anyone tryed racing the kfx700 motocross? how is it? and i also wana know is the duncan pipe better then any other pipes for the 700? and where could i find one to order on the net?

Old 09-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

I think it would be to heavy

Old 09-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

http://duncanracing.com/ click on buyer's guide and choose kfx 700

Old 09-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Here are some springs that may help you understand what you're looking for:

Springs

Left to right:
V-Force stock: Approx. 20/90
Scrambler 500 stock: 20/90
HPD Plain: 55/216
Purple I'm using: Approx. 55/200
Polaris Brown: 50/180
Polaris Orange: 70/195
Polaris Red/White: 100/215
Polaris Red: 120/235

I put the AAEN green back in my Scrambler, so I don't have a picture. It is approx. the same height as the Polaris orange with thinner coils. AAEN rates it at 60/200, but another forum member that I trust to be accurate put it on a scale and got around 55/160.
For casual trail riding and an occasional race, the AAEN green or Polaris brown would be much better than stock. The purple I'm using, and I'm guessing the HPD plain will stall a little higher and may be a little more than some people like. The Polaris orange stalls a little too high to trail ride with, but if I rode in the sand I would probably use it. It looks like around 60-65 is going to be as high a rate that can be comfortably be used on the V-Force.

After you ride with a higher stall spring for a while, you eventually will hardly notice the stall at all. A lot of people seem to be trying the pink, but it offers no stall over stock and that is not what you want if you occasionally drag race. A little stall will get your RPM's built up quicker and will help you break the wheels loose a little instead of standing the front end up.

Quick Reply: V-Force racers......need help