Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Considering a V force, a few questions first!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 03:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a V force, a few questions first!!!

Is the v force a fast quad?
How does it dune?
does it have alot of low end power?
will it wheelie?
does it feel heavy when riding?
I mostly ride trails and at the dunes, But Im a very aggressive rider. Ilike to go fast and I like to jump. but I dont like to be last. I love my banshee in the dunes but its too much work on the trails.
so Id like to know the pros and cons of the v force.
oh yea What is everyone payong out the door for one.
thanks

Old 09-05-2003, 04:36 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Lets handle this one question at a time.

Is it Fast? Compared to a modded Banshee, No. But it does pretty good, and with all of the mods coming out, it will be a quad to beat in the next few years.

How does it Dune? With the right paddles, it will go just about anywhere you want it to go. It has incredible Torque, and you can feel it working in the sand. It's only downfall is it's weight. I ran both my KFX400 and 700 up Banshee Hill at Winchester Bay, OR. The 700 carried more speed at the top than the 400 did.

Does it have low end power? More than any other quad on the market today. No other Sport Quad has the Torque of the KFX700. That combined with the Auto Trany, alows you to use every bit of it from the hit of the throttle. If anything, it lacks top end power, but that can easily be cured with mods.

Will it Wheelie? YES, with ease.

Does it feel heavy when riding? I notice it in the Sand, but not so much out on the trails. On the Trails, it's weight and low center of gravity are a great help in making it feel stable.

Pros: Hands down, the BEST 2 WD Trail quad on the market today. The proof is there the first time you go out for a ride. Torque Monster. Comfortable plush ride. Auto Trany, always where it needs to be. Great ground clearance, extreemely stable. Climbs like a mountain goat. Mods hitting the market every day. It's Big.

Cons: Trany freewheels going down hill (Can be controled by tapping the throttle). Terrible gas mileage. It's Big.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

I spend a good deal of time in the sand. We go about 35 days a year. For recreational purposes, the 700 is the ultimate dune machine. Out banshee kicks it's butt. But I dont care. The 700 is just soo much nicer to drive. I've driven all sport quads ever made in the dunes. Except a dale.

Also, our modded raptor is a little faster climbing regular hills. But when it comes to the really steep stuff, I could show you several big dunes that the 700 climbs and the raptor will not. I think it's because the 700 has a optimal gear ratio for every hill.

I'm getting really comfortable jumping it. I cleared 38ft last time out. But, I still think it's not the best jumper.

So you already have a banshee for racing. Now get something for playing. You can drive the 700 all day long and never get tired. That's the best part.

Old 09-06-2003, 02:51 AM
Range Rover

What is a pink spring and what does it do?
thanks for all the input.
oh ya, what about the out hte door price? whats the best deal?
thx

Old 09-06-2003, 04:15 AM
Trailblazer

the pink spring makes it rev higher and gives a little better mid accelleration. its well worth the 21 dollars or so shipped to you. some people have not noticed anything but i think its great.

i paid about 7k after taxes and got a free helmet with mine. i dunno you might be able to do better than that.