Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Torn..... V or DS again

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torn..... V or DS again

Well soon i hope to be back in the quad scene but I have a delima. I really like the Vforce. I think it has reverse doesnt it( a feature I would like to have)? and I wont get a Rappy just out of spite. The thing is though i know i can make a DS sick fast but that 700 v-twin should be able to crank too. What has been accomplished so far with the V-force as for getting BIG Hp out of one?

I am not talking just a pipe and a spring crap, I am talking the real stuff, big bore, NOS, lightening it, ect

Please help me make this decision

Old 09-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

Well if you want ultimate power talk to alltoys. He made a custom ignition for his quad and it rips. He is also using NOS and he has used a supercharger or turbo? Not sure which? I also think Four Stroke Tech makes a 800cc big bore kit. With exhaust, a spring, big bore kit, NOS, turbo and ignition I would guess about 180 hp? That would destroy any raptor or DS out there but would cost a ton of money. Just NOS, exhaust and ignition about 100 hp I think. People are working on the P650 to find a better belt that will provide more top end.

I may go for a big bore kit in a couple years after I feel my V-Force no longer has the punch it once had. Also some cams would help, they are out now. I don't really want to tear into my motor but cams might be something I would consider doing maybe next winter.

Also, the V has reverse, you can go really fast backwards when you press the override button.

I love my V-Force, I had the opportunity to drive my old Z400 today and I would never go back to that quad, EVER!! The V is so much more fun and easier to ride.

Old 09-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the help. Has it been the experience of everyone on here that the V is more expensive to work on? The DS is spendy but the V has 2 of everything. 2 pistons, twice the cams, ect.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Bombs have been around and you can just copy what other people have done. Building a KFX700 would require more originality, becuase it's a new thing, and there are many unkowns. For example you could get the FST 785cc kit, and some NOS. It would be an original ride for sure. A true KFX dragger would be very unique. But you are correct, 2 pistons = more work, and more cash. Plus, it would be really hard to extend the swingarm due to the shaft. The CVT is a huge advantage though, for short drag races.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:34 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

DemonDS,

The one you want to talk to is SAMCOEDS, he is a DS guy that has been playing with a KFX700. From what I have read on these Forums, he impressed quite a few people at the races that 14mins held a few months back.