Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Attn: ShotGun & KissOfDeath

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: ShotGun & KissOfDeath

First to Shotgun. My man is still working with the belt you sent. His Gates connection is on Vacation so it will be weeks.
Second to Kissofdeath. You posted a Dayco belt part # 1922V321. Is this a P650 belt? I found a good source for them! Tell me what you know of this belt.

Old 09-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

OK... I'm a bit FROSTED right now... not because THEROCK mistakenly asked KISSOFDEATH, about a belt number that I refered to him on a P.M.... I really don't care about that ... what I do care about is the safety of the performance Improvements that we've all been working on ....

It was not my intention to hold secret all the new belt numbers & make you all have to come begging to me to get one ... I wanted to insure that any information or modifications that I had a part in researching were safe to use ...

My intention was to safety & performance test these belts under controlled conditions, 1st on the quad in neutral, for function & later wearing a helmet, speed testing, & still later, running a hare scramble race, to insure that the belts will last at least as long as the original...

one of my big concerns, is that since these belts are industrial belts, they may not break into 100 pieces when they fail, as the stock belt does, & they may come apart differently & wrap around the secondary, locking the wheels up & possibly causing a fatal accident... I asked THEROCK in a P.M. to please edit out the part number, until we had a chance to test it... in the 1/2 hour that I waited for him to do this, over 50 people viewed this post...

I've given out some of the part numbers to what I though were interested, responsible, mature forum members... with the understanding that this is an expirement, & with the request that we hold the part numbers until after testing...

anyone who is intersted in the ratio advantages & or the cost savings associated with these belts, ... please look at them as expiremental & don't expect that they will work, if you are expecting failure, you will be more prepared when & if it happens ... always wear a hemet...

this really makes me question my part in publishing my thoughts & working toward these improvements ... Sorry...WAM

Old 09-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

WHOOOH HERE!

What a minute. Thanks for clearing that up Mike. therock, I no nothing about any of the belts Mike is testing for us. I dont know of any part numbers except OEM numbers.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

mummmmmm's the word.

keep testing, I for one appreciate what you guys are doing. Thanks!