Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

A very sad day

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A very sad day

Traded in my 2000 400EX for a new Prairie 700 today. Almost made me sick. Had to take the 400 for one last spin and I almost cried[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. That thing is a wheelie monster. Oh well, got a Grizz and 700 to ride at will now. They're pulling it out of the crate now and I'll pick it up in a couple hours. I hope I don't regret it....no more trips to the dunes for me. Well, no more launching off dunes anyway.......

Old 09-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default A very sad day

You might be surprised how sporty the Prairie can be.

Old 09-14-2003, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default A very sad day

Hope so. Seems pretty smooth in the 2 miles of pavement I've ridden it. I've posted a couple pics (pending approval). The new red sure is sharp! I've already done the sticker mod.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default A very sad day

I'll be there 3TV.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default A very sad day

I'm taking my second trip to Little Sahara OK on Friday. I have a blast on my Prairie. True, I don't "launch" off of the the dunes, and I don't drag race much, but it is still a fun trip. I can easily keep up with everyone when we are cruising the dunes at high speed, sometimes I lead the pack!

Plus, if I get bored with the Prairie, I have friends that will trade quads for a while. Never seem to have a hard time finding someone who wants to ride the Prairie!

Old 09-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default A very sad day

I'd love to go 3TV, but I go to work at 6PM.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Thanks for the offer though. Let me know if you're going again before the snow flies.

Oh yeah, I was expecting to get a green one, since they had 2 last weekend but they were sold. So I asked him if he had anymore, and mine came in 10 minutes before I got there; must have been meant to be. I asked him about the Grizz and he can't keep them in stock. The 3 coming in next week are already sold. I also thought seriously about the Rincon of yours, but I don't want to have to deal with the local dealer.

Old 09-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default A very sad day

Hey BrianT,

I am new to this forum but I grew up in Waynoka and most of my family still lives there. I now live in Colorado. I am thinking of buying a P700 in a few weeks and am glad to hear that your P650 works well in the dunes of the Little Sahara. I go back there several times each year and I want to take mine next time to try out the dunes. Will stock tires work ok in the sand for just exploring and such?