Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Using the CVT as a Blower on the Vforce!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using the CVT as a Blower on the Vforce!!!

Has anyone ever thought of using the cvt with a special impeller on the clutch to force feed air into the carbs??.........Just a thought since we have this large housing and already routed (BIG) breather tubes pretty close to the airbox intake. The air might be to hot but you could blend it with some fresh cool air and voila......a bad a** blower with little modification.

2004 Vforce
2001 YZ 426

Old 10-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just thought of something that might prohibit this kind of engineering......the carbs are vacuum operated and they might not allow for force feeding of air in to them......
Maybe someone like Alltoys has thought this through before??

I for one would buy the kit if someone made it happen!!

2004 Vforce
2001 YZ 426

Old 10-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you'd want to be blowing belt dust and other stuff into the carbs and motor, you get enough junk in the air box the way it is,without taking hot air with belt dust in it. Interesting theory, though, using existing engine power to run a blower.

Old 10-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Air filter will solve belt dust problem......In theory it sounds do-able.....

Old 10-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

in theory EVERYTHING works though

Old 10-19-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

The CVT generates a lot of heat, reducing the density of the air. You would need an intercooler to fix that.

Just do what alltoys did and put a blower on the other side where the pull crank is on the P700.

Old 10-20-2003, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Speedyman,
Very interesting, not do-able to bad though. A blower creates a great deal of manifold pressure it is all the carb can do to keep up. For instance the motor needs depending on rpm, intake volume ( the bigger the better ), close to 40 psi of manifold pressure at 9500 rpm. The blades on the clutch would have to rotate at a far greater rpm to come any where near the required volume needed. Nice try though!!!!!!!! Here is another thought. What if the compartment for the clutch and the motor were in the same housing to keep it warm in cool weather and cool in hot weather like a sled. The clutch creates a great deal of moving air this moving air is good for cooling but bad because it interferes with rotational speed. It takes power to move the air than if there were no air to move. If there were no vanes to move the air on the clutch I wonder if the belt would get to hot on a hot day? Also would removing all the vanes help for dragging purposes only, no moving air to hold back rotational speed of the clutch, HHHHhhhhmmmmm???

Old 10-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you Alltoys for the reply.......it was just a thought. Have been looking at the eRam from www.electricsupercharger.com and also at the the turbo kits from www.kmsturbo.com.

I also really like the boondockers NOS kit for the Vforce

There has to be a silver bullet mod for this obviously restricted vtwin monster of a 4 wheeler

2004 Vforce
2001 YZ 426

Old 10-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

Speedyman,
I like the idea of the electric Super Charger a few of my friends in the Harley world swear by them. The only problem when adding this type of add on is the before preparation like piston compression, size and shape of pistons plus cylinder volume. I ran a 6.5/1 piston to achieve to proper flow at 40 psi with the blower to keep the heads planted on the motor. I mostly ran up to 90 HP without to many problems except when I challenged 100 HP little things started to happen. The blower adds a total dimension but is not practical for bush running and mudd bog racing. The blower has to sit to low mud can enter the system rather easy all it takes is a smidgy of dirt and well I don't have to tell you what can happen to the motor. For drag racing it is perfect as power is created as rpms increase so does HP. This motor has a vast amount of potential power just waiting to be released, you don't necessarily need to go with larger bores proper porting mixed with a little Nos ( Nos is nice ) goes a long way. I don't like to say this but Boonedocker is way over priced especially when you can buy a complete car system for less than half the price. Go down to your local race track where people openly use Nos systems that they virtually dream up they can help you with all the things you need. I adapted my sons system that he had on his Neon it works great. I can push the Prairie to another 40 brake HP repeatedly with out any problems. The potential is there it depends on how far you wish to go. 70 HP is not hard to achieve.