Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

crashed at the GNCC

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed at the GNCC

Hey guys,

I screwed the pooch on the steep hill on the first lap and busted the plastic on my force. Anyone know how much a rear fender is? Do any aftermarket companies make KFX 700 plastic yet?

I also bent my handlebars. Thinking of upgrading to Tag T2. Anyone try these and if so are they any good and who sells them the cheapest.

Other than that I knocked my tire off the rim, but I don't know yet if the rim is damaged. If it is, I was thinking of getting some ITP T-9's for the back. Any comments?

Any responsed would be greatly appreciated. My mood is very low right now and I just want to get the thing put back together as quickly as possible.

Old 10-20-2003, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

goto kawasaki.com to get the part numbers, than goto ron ayers for the parts and search by part number. not sure on the back but im thinking the front fender parts is like $130, i busted part of mine a while back but havent fixed it yet, just glued it up.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

Hey HomeDawg how did you like it???? other then the crash.... what class did you start?

Don't feel bad DHP400EX's V has 1 good piece of plastic.....around the air box & that's it...ain't that right Doug? LOL

Old 10-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think that the plastic with the graphics on it are like 300 with the seat...dont quote me because I didnt double check but i think that is what it was

Old 10-20-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

I bought rear plastic once.......... $185

Old 10-20-2003, 11:17 PM
Range Rover

HomeDawg,

ITP T-9's for the back are bullet proof... 1,000 plus miles on mine... run them with Razor II's 22 x 11 x 9

RJ

Old 10-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Just put Tag T-2 on my V-Force with Renthal Grips,they feel awsome.Mounted my key and lights in the plastic like Duncan Racings V-Force.

Old 10-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

TRX 500,

Up until the crash I was having an absolute blast. Some guys on another thread told me that I crashed because some guys in front of me stalled and I tried to go around them and lost momentum. I was so goofy from the crash that I didn't really remember all of what happened.

The course was cool. The bottlenecks were not as bad as some had made it seem to be (it was pretty bad at the start, but that was expected). THe hill climbs were insane and many quads just didn't have the horsepower to make it without help from the spectators. There was one really steep decent that made me nervous. The Force has a tough time decending hills (freewheels) so I was sitting on the grab bar with all 4 wheels locked sliding, hoping not to ram the guy in front of me who was doing the same.

I got ran into a tree by an overzealous guy on a 400EX who tried to pass me but didnt have enough speed to make a clean pass, so he just rammed me. Luckily I have a Pro Armor bumper. It got a little bent, but saved my radiator.

Lots of aggressive riders out there, but it is a race after all so no hard feelings. I will definitely have to lose some weight before I try again. After thirty minutes of riding, my hands were numb and I was starting to get tired.

Anyway, I just wanted to answer your question. Hope it was not too wordy. See ya around.

Old 10-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

IF you have to change the plastics, you should look into the Limited edition plastics that Kawi made. The red one looks way cool.

Old 10-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

I heard that the LE plastics are like 800 bucks....

Quick Reply: crashed at the GNCC