Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Jetting Questions and Intake Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetting Questions and Intake Comparisons

Need advice for an 04 KFX V-Force 700. It is my buddies and we just put the pink spring in along with Yoshi Duals (nice pipes). We are now looking at increasing air flow and jetting. We are in the SLC/Ogden region of Utah ( 5000-7000 riding elevation) and debating over the following:

1) should we get a dyno jet kit to nail it or does anyone have good stock jet recommendations for this elevation. I have a P650 and know several people (including myself) that just couldnt nail the machine as well with the dynojet as we could with the stock jets. Figured with the 700 being practically the same thing if it would be better to use stockers. Anyone tried either with these mods and have a recommendation?

2) There are two air intakes out that has perked our interest. The carbon fiber one from Diamond G and a dual air intake from CC Performance. It is quite apparent that both will greatly enhance air flow. The dual system from CC Performance is a far better value. Has anyone seen these two air intakes straight up or had an oppurtunity to do ANY kind of comparisons? I know both are relatively new but any feedback here is appreciated. Both have received positive post on here and other forums. I bought the diamond G intake for my P650 and was not impressed in the least bit. Paid 70 plus 12 dollars to ship for a piece of metal pipe that was poorly painted (areas where the painter completely missed spots leaving bare metal) and the entire cost to produce the thing had to be less than $5. This showed me a lack of emphasis on providing a quality product at a good value and has had me not buy from them again (low end mod purchased elsewhere) without thoroughly researching. The carbon fiber is a step up from the P650 air intake right...is it worth the 140 dollars?

Not trying to start a "need to come to the defense of Diamond G" thread. Understand several people are pleased with his air intakes, CDI and top/low end modules. Just wanted to give you history on my experience with the company and why the hesitation in paying the $140 without seeing the thing. Plus, if the CC Performance air intake is what it is cracked up to be then you save $70 bucks for the same gain?

From one ATV enthusiast to another...can anyone provide us straight-up feedback or experieces they have on either of these two systems. Thanks and have fun riding...snow is coming.