Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Another DynoJet question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 01:33 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another DynoJet question

After reading just about every dynojet post on this forum I find I am still searching for answers. I took delivery today of a dynojet kit stages 1 and 2. I only realy wanted the main jets and thought of the needle as a bonus. Now im wondering if I shouldn't just follow the instructions and install the whole enchilada. I recieved specific instructions from the speed tech at my local shop and he didn't say anything about changing the needle. Is the needle important in the stage II kit? If so what should I expect if I decide not to change out the stock needle? I should add that part of this project includes FMF exhaust, airbox mods, and K&N filter.

Old 11-13-2003, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Although I'm not an expert on the subject, I do know that the the mods that you are doing to the airbox and the exhaust will require rejetting. I feel that you should follow Dynojet's instructions and install the whole kit. Extensive research was put into the kit instructions, as they probably had just the mods you did , in mind, when they designed the kit. Good Luck in whoopin' the YZF!

Old 11-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

Well the kit went together fairly easy. Unlike the Intake and Exhaust which should have been easy but ended up being a real pain in the keester. I went with the DJ160 main and the DJ needle set on the 3rd slot. Problem is I put it all back together not knowing that the mixture screw was on the bottom of the carb hidden under some sort of super titanium plug. So now I have to take the carb back out and drill out the plug so I can make mixture adjustments. As is, the bike runs good but it wont idle long and it doesn't seem to be much more powerfull so hopefully the mixture screw will do the trick.