Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

do you think kawi will take suzuki 700 king quad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default do you think kawi will take suzuki 700 king quad?

i think they will put green plastic on it and a couple of kawasaki stickers don't you?!!

Old 11-16-2003, 05:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of people seem to forget that a couple of years ago Suzuki and Kawasaki had a merger ,on where they would be combining money on research on development on new atv's and dirt bikes but would keep each companies unique product name , the new 4-stroke 250cc motorcross bike is an example of this . it was developed between the 2 companies , I work at a kawasaki shop, kawasaki announced at the dealer show in Las Vegas that they would have a new 4-wheel drive atv coming out in 2004 ( a 2005 model) that would be unlike any quad ever built before , I would bet the new " King Quad" is an atv that was built between the alliance of Kaw and Suzuki and it will show up in companies line with different plastic on the same chasis and motor

Old 11-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Range Rover

I wouldn't be so sure. The new edition of AtvAction magazine also mentions this in the news section and says Kawasaki is currently testing a new Ute Quad with fully Independent suspension. It goes on to say its either a new Prairie 700 or it could be a new 500cc machine. Either way its sounds as if Kawi is devloping this quad for themselves.

Old 11-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

what do you think the King Quad is ? Its a new 700 with rear IRS , I am not saying for sure but it is the logical thing for them to do since they are putting money in the same pot just for developing new ATV's That is what the whole relationship between the 2 companies is suppose to do. I would bet they will look completely diffferent but will be they same quad under the plastic.

Old 11-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

Jeffro,
From what I've read to date, the upcoming Suz. King Quad will be a different machine than the P700 & its Twinpeaks clone. Supposedly, the new King Quad will have IRS and a single cylinder. If those facts are true, that would mean the new King Quad will be a much different animal than the P700/Twinpeaks clone. My guess is that after Suz. releases their new King Quad, Kaw. will get a "clone" of the new King Quad to sell in its dealerships pursuant to the Kaw-Suz alliance. To compare the P700 to the new King Quad, I'm guessing that the P700 will be faster/sportier due to its solid rear axle and twin cylinder set up.

Old 11-16-2003, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

MickeyBoyesq , you don't understand how the alliance works , When Kawasaki and Suzuki got together , the imediate result was the filling of gaps in there product lines , since Kaw had no preformance atv , they got the z400 , Suzuki got several dirt bikes , Kawasaki also got some mini atv's , the new 250 , 4-stroke bike is the first true machine developed by both companies working together , that is what the alliance is for is to develope new products will sharing some of the expense of the research , It would not make any since for Suzuki to develope a new quad and Kawasaki get a clone , that would completey go against what they set out to do. The new quads that are going to be coming out will be developed by both companies , I hope this helps you but if you still don't understand I Will send some links to the press releases from a couple of years ago.

Old 11-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Jeffro,
I have read past press announcements regarding the Kaw-Suz alliance, and I do believe that you are 100% correct concerning the purpose of the Kaw-Suz alliance being to fill the gaps in their product lines and save money on R&D of new quads. However, it still seems odd to me that Kaw. & Suz. would now JOINTLY create a new 700cc quad when they both now offer a great quad in that particular class (the P700 & its Twinpeaks clone). The JOINT development of a new King Quad seems inconsistent with the alliance's purpose as stated above...In otherwords, what gap is the alliance trying to fill by jointly creating/selling a new 700cc King Quad where it already sells a great quad in that class? Are you suggesting that the new King Quad will REPLACE the P700/twinpeaks model? I certainly hope that doesn't happen.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

they are trying to fill the IRS gap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Will the new king quad have the 700 prairies engine in it?

Old 11-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Range Rover

No it will not. The new King Quad will have nothing to do with a Prairie 700 as far as I know.

Quick Reply: do you think kawi will take suzuki 700 king quad?