Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Penland Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penland Pipe

Is anybody running the Penland Pipe from Big Gun on their Prairie? How good is it? Does it really keep the sound as low as stock? Was it worth the kind of hefty price? How long does the packing last? Thanks!

Old 12-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland Pipe

I love mine... I've heard of others having problems with the rivets loosening up ( may have been the regular Big Gun ), as mine has been raced hard, rolled, etc... & is still as good as new... it was never as quiet as stock, from day one, even with the quiet core ( I got both the race core & the quiet core )... I do love the sound...much "meaner" sounding... it was expensive, & I didn't notice any performance gains with it initially... but I'm sure it helps now that I have extensive mods...the packing is a blanket style, rather than the old wrap around kind... I think mine is the same, after a hard summer of riding...

Old 12-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland Pipe

newbeatle is one of the very few who have not had troubles with the big gun, mine rattled apart in less than 500 miles of riding and when I called Penland he refered me to Big Gun who told me for a fee they would repair it! LOL,,, what a crock of sh*t!!!! At the 12 hours of ATV America race here in Fort Dodge I looked at Penlands quad and seen all their rivots were loose and the holes were clearly ovaled out! Later that night I talked to one of the boys in the Penland camp,,, I was told that they are not very happy with it! I now have a HMF system,,,, they have great service and a 10 year warranty! You can't beat that and they are working on a new quiet core to reduce the noise level even more!

Old 12-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland Pipe

I've had mine for about a year now and have had no complaints. Keep waiting for those rivets to loosten up, but haven't yet. I don't imagine that I ride mine as hard as Penland or some of the others that race, but I don't baby it either. Has been an excellent exhaust so far!!