Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Tweaked frame

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tweaked frame

Yep with my little roll over I tweaked the frame. Its not much but it might be enough. It bent up by the handlebars, two supports. I can't post the pictures. I'm trying to get a hold of my estimator to see what he thinks. I wouldn't mind if they repaired it, I think I would actually prefer if they did over replacing it. I don't trust people to pull my entire quad apart and putting it back together.

Old 12-18-2003, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tweaked frame

Did you break any plastic?

Old 12-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tweaked frame

Oh yah, and lots of other damage too. This was just an update to my other thread I created about a month a go.

Old 12-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tweaked frame

Brenti remember that post. Im the one who asked you if you bent the frame but it could just be the pics. Man im sorry to hear that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tweaked frame

What part of the frame is bent and how were you able to tell? I rolled mine real bad two months ago and have not ridden it since (still waiting on my new axle to arrive). I inspected the frame closely and there are not cracked welds and no visual indication of a problem. Was your frame damage obvious or hard to find. Please reply because I want to know what to look for before I put it all back together next week.

Old 12-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tweaked frame

My P-650 frame cost $550.00 USD, a year ago, when I did $4300.00 damage, after rolling it 7-10 times down a mtn. side.
Do check the steering stem. They bend real easy. They run $127 USD
Good luck!

Old 01-05-2004, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tweaked frame

The steering stem brace bent and that is attached to the frame. Its easily repairable though. My total damages came to $3500 canadian. The write off point was $5000. I hope to be getting some different handlebars this time, probably the trail tech. My handlebars totally folded on impact, stock is crap.

Old 01-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tweaked frame

Ive had a roll over on my V also and the same support that holds the steering stem bent back. Your best to fix it yourself and its easy. It was made a little on the weak side I beleave and could use a triangle shaped support welded it. Or Kawasaki could have used thicker tubeing? But I guess there not made to ride upside down?~LOL. Using a car jack and a small piece of 2x4 (Thats right car jack~LOL) It was easy to bend back. Plastic and Bars were trashed, But Luckily My steering stem and everything else was ok. If you need any help or have any questions just let me know I might be of some help?? Because Ive been there wrecked that!~LOL On a VERY Important Note: I had an Accident over the weekend on my Prairie 700 and this time it was not of my doing! A bolt snapped or came losse on the A-Arms causing the wheel to fold in and the Quad to flip forward. I will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow and See what they think? and how well this warranty stuff works? This is just something for everyone owning a P700 and to check on! ~Chris

www.marylandatv.com

Prairie700 (w/ Broken Paw)
V-Force
250R
And a bunch of other Toyz

Old 01-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tweaked frame

Good to know someone else basically wrecked their V like I wrecked mine, lol. I'm not fixing it, my insurance is covering it and its being fixed by a dealer and a mechanic I trust.

I do guess the $20 crap handle bars are good for this reason but I don't like how they bent, they were pinched, tube to tube. If they just bent that would be ok as they can be bent back. I don't plan on rolling this quad ever again and will use better judgement in the future.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tweaked frame

bbertram--- I THOUGHT that you rolled the P-650. I notice that you have a V-700, too. Which one DID get damaged?

Quick Reply: Tweaked frame