Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Water Wetter

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Wetter

Will Water Wetter help my 650 to run cooler? How do you use it? How does it work? Do you have to drain it in the winter? Mix it with anti-freeze? Info. needed!! Thanks all...

Old 12-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Water Wetter

I used it in my V-Force for the latter part of the summer, the fan didn't run as often. I also noticed when I would stop riding, prior to the WaterWetter that the fan would run for like 2mins, after it would run for about 30 sec.

Old 12-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Water Wetter

Watter Wetter, is a surfactorant... you use a few cap fulls, added to you existing coolant, what it does, is... on the very hot parts of your engine, small bubbles occur from the extreme heat... the various coolant additives help keep those bubbles from forming... the coolant removes the heat from the hot parts better, if it comes fully in contact with the hot part, rather than the small bubbles insulating a portion of that part... I have heard, since the Watter Wetter, is only a surfactorant, that you can add an equal amount of products like Basic H...etc

there are also products like Royal Purple, Purple Ice, etc... that completely replace the coolant in your system... these brands are OK, but there were some industrial coolants that attacked the metals & gaskets on the cooling system...I don't remmember the brand, but IMO, stick with automotive type coolants & additives, unless you are prepared to research any of the commercial / industrial coolants or additives...

Old 12-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water Wetter

I use Purple Ice (made by Royal Purple) on my P650, and I noticed that the fan comes on a little less often now. I believe it works the same as Water Wetter (both are just additives). You only need to add 2 oz of P.I. to your radiator (the P.I. bottle cost about $12 and is 16 oz...so it should last you a long, long time). To make room for P.I., I simply used a small syringe to remove 2 oz. of coolant from the top of the radiator (don't use the overfill bottle to remove/install P.I.).

I believe Engine Ice is supposed to be the engine coolant replacement that Newbeetle (Mike W.) is referring to. This stuff is not a mere additive and you must drain all of the original coolant from the radiator to install it. It supposedly works better to cool down the engine temps, but it also cost a lot more. I don't have any overheating problems on my quad, so I'm gonna stick to P.I. Its definitely worth the $12 IMO.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]