Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

nyrock mod noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 10:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nyrock mod noise

i have a budy who has a 650p and i will do nyroc mod to his mufler whats the dba of the mod i have hmf and it's super loud thinking about quit core but thats a nother story whats best spring for 650 with 26 589's thanks.

Old 01-31-2004, 10:57 PM
Range Rover
Default nyrock mod noise

i have a p700 with 27" 589's i just ordered a blackspring from www.erlandsonperformance.com

Old 02-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default nyrock mod noise

I've taken "before" Nyroc Muffler Mod readings, but haven't taken "after" readings yet due to the cold weather. Hopefully it warms up soon and I can provide the info.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default nyrock mod noise

Prairie700- how do you like that GPS? IS it overkill, could you have gone with a lesser model and why??

really interested in learning more about GPS units. Out in the middle of Nevada, it could come in really handy..

Old 02-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default nyrock mod noise

@BUDXXX re: the Magellian Meridian Platinum GPS.

I could write a book about this (Magellan Meridian) series of GPS's, but I'll try not to bore everyone with the details.

No, it's not overkill - however If you do buy a Meridian, don't opt for the Platinum. Get the Meridian GOLD instead. It's less expensive, and it will do everyithing the Plat does except for the "electronic compass".

The electronic compass works at any angle even when you're stationary. There is a GPS operated compass in the GOLD, however it won't work correctly if you aren't moving across the ground/water. Believe me - this is not a big deal though unless you hike (on foot) a lot or something.

I got a very good deal on the "Plat" off of eBay so I sprung for it. I don't EVER use the electronic compass. I have in fact disabled it because battery life goes to hell when it's in use...

Bottom Line in my opinion:

DO NOT BUY A GPS WITHOUT A MAP! (Screen display on the unit itself).

Magellan makes the best handheld GPS from a HARDWARE/FIRMWARE standpoint.

Garmin has the ABSOLUTE BEST MAPS hands down (more expensive too). They create them themselves, and are extreemely detailed, accurate and up-to-date!

Magellan Maps (Both street level and Topo Maps) are acceptable for most purposes, but not close to the detail, currency, or accuracy of Magellan maps. Magellan uses the "Tiger" Satellite Mapping Database, which is put together by good old Uncle Sam. It's also FREE for Magellan to use for map creation. That's why they use it.

When you are comparing one unit to another. LARGE (and) EXPANDABLE MEMORY is VERY IMPORTANT. Maps and data take up an awful lot of RAM. That's the main reason that I went with the Magellan. I can cram 256Mb of removable memory (1 card) into it - AND it's not on an expensive "propritary" format that I can only buy from the GPS Mfg.

The best of both worlds would be to have a Magellan Meridian - Gold with Garmin Maps! There is no way to do this currently, even though several people are trying to do so...May never happen.

You need to decide what's most important to you.

P.M. me if you have more questions...

Old 02-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default nyrock mod noise

Ive done the exhaust mod and love it. I hate really loud quads and this is not. Its sound is deep and mellow. It adds some power because I had to rejet.
sarge

Old 02-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default nyrock mod noise

Done 2 , 1 on a P-650, 1 on a P-700. Very throaty/mellow sound. Not obnoxious like some.

Old 02-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default nyrock mod noise

Did you have to rejet on both atvs ?

Old 02-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default nyrock mod noise

I re-jetted neither of them. They were fine at 1300ft --- 2600ft .elev.

Old 02-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default nyrock mod noise

I have purchased 4 GARMIN RHINO 120's and find them very useful, my sons 14 & 10 have learned to use them very well. The gps units are capable of very simple to the very complex chore. plus we really like the raido features as you can see where your partner is( on the gps) if they are with in a couple miles of you. oh yea, you can download maps routes waypoints from all over the world as well. just don't buy the rhino 110 it just isn't enough for even simple jobs IMO. Rop.

Quick Reply: nyrock mod noise