Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie VS Grizzly. is there an answer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie VS Grizzly. is there an answer?

Did you just say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tellicogrizz are you slippin bro.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trailride
Did you just say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tellicogrizz are you slippin bro.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I knew you would be the first to say something and no I'm not slipping only wanting to add more toys to my stable!!! LOL!!! See trailride, you all had an impact on me afterall![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about time you see things our way

Old 02-26-2004, 02:46 AM
Trailblazer

mspiers71, where do you usually ride? I'm from T.O. as well and spend many weekends in the Ganaraska forest just to get my fix.

I'm hoping to plan a trip in the spring or early summer to Elliot lake since I hear it is unadultered riding. You can actually go through the drive through at the local Tim Horton's and McDonald's on your ATV, that reminds me does DG make a cup holder LOL.

Have you ever been through the Haliburton highlands into Algonquin park, if not you should consider it, some of the best scenery and a good mix of riding too. You can actually get there from Port Hope using the rail trails all the way up to Haliburton. Gets a little tricky in Haliburton, gotta do some road running and cut through a parking lot, but then to Algonquin. If you take a look at a MapArt backroad's map of Ontario, which you can pickup at any store, it will show you the trail all the way to Haliburton from Port Hope, from there your on your own. The trail just stops when you get to Haliburton.

The only thing I would have to say as a negative of the Prairie is that going through all the mud holes on the trip caused both prairies on the trip to overheat. The positives are too long to list.

Old 02-26-2004, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

I'm sure that is attributed to the timing, the CDI should be a cure for that. I noticed my Praiire laboring and getting hot, before I did the cam redegree. I have not experienced deep mud, here in So Cal, I miss it though!

Old 02-26-2004, 05:50 AM
Pro Rider

My Prairie has 17 hours on it, and it's been in the shop for three weeks and counting. The actuator (an electrical servo that controls the transmission) on the PVT cover failed, and now the belt reset light won't shut off, and the machine remains in "limp" mode. The reset procedure has had no effect. The mechanic is in contact with Kawasaki, and I'll post again when we find out what the bug is.

IMO, the Prairie is a 4X4 sport quad. It's REALLY fast. If you want comfort and ground clearance, and the ability to overcome seemingly impossible terrain, then get an IRS quad. If you want to pitch it sideways at 50 mph, then get a Prairie.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Sparky,

Pretty good cross section of opinions eh. But I bet your still on the fence! Spliffstar, if your headed north of Huntsville look me up. There is good riding in Dwight as well, but not so far north.

Old 02-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

Will do Muskoka650, I do alot of camping in Algonquin and travel through Dwight all the time. I take hwy 35 right up into Dwight from T.O. I will PM you next time I am heading to the area and we'll arrange something. Are the trails extensive or is it limited riding?

Old 02-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer

I've hauled logs on a hot day, went through deep water and mud, and never had a problem with my Grizz! But I've read that others have had problems with theirs. One of the guys at work has one, and never had a problem with his either. It doesn't matter what make you buy as long as you feel good about it. Try both out, or better still, try as many different atvs out as you can before buying. Happy trails!

Old 02-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

Both are great machines, I bought my grizz for IRS and more ground clearance, but I would really consider the Arctic Cat 650 it offers the IRS and the prairrie vtwin motor. But like everyone has said go ride them find what you like I dont think you can go wrong with either purchase.

Quick Reply: Prairie VS Grizzly. is there an answer?