Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

PRAIRIE HATER BUYING PRAIRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRAIRIE HATER BUYING PRAIRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by: alltoys
Tellico,
I am flabergasted but not totaly shocked you have made good choice good thing you posted here before someone seen you on the trail LOL. One more thing, I may have something you will be interested in about 2 months that will be made for your Grizz like specially designed turbo one with no lag on a single cyinder. Might be able to keep up with your new Prairie, lol. Seriously I would not sell your Grizz new things are in the works the Grizz and Raptor.
Definately I am keeping my Grizz for sure! I thought I would go ahead and tell everyone on the forum in case they saw me out at "my mountain", I'd never hear the end of that one, especially if word got out to Trailride and the gang! It may be a few weeks or a month or so before I actually purchase the Prairie but I defiantely have plans to do so, if some news of something comes out in the form of an IRS Prairie I may hold off until I find out more about it! In the mean time I think I am going to look foward to the dark side!

Old 02-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

TellicoGrizz,
Not sure of the news but a friend spy has told me that there will be 2 Kawi IRS quads one will be a 500 single and a 750 IRS twin cylinder. Might be worth the wait, I to was interested in the Suzi King Quad but if Kawi comes out with the twin IRS 750 I will be satisfied. Especially if it is on the Outlander type IRS system truly the best of all IRS's in my opinion. We should get a realistic hint in 3 months from now.

Old 02-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Range Rover

I also heard the rumor from my local kaw yard about the EFI prairie
but he didnt say anything about the IRS

Old 02-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Ok now I feel guilty.... So I'm selling my 700 and buying a grizz hey Rick want to buy a used 700? LOL Rick, Trailride, Bing that was funny I needed a laugh thanks. Good luck deciding which machine to ride today Rick.... I know I wouldn't want to make that decision so early in the mornings[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys, do you know if it will still be possible to have a straight rear axle instead of IRS on the P750efi?

Old 02-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

LittleBoy,
Interesting about your name, brings back memories of friend of mine who had a dog named Tiny. Tiny was the biggest Great Dane I had ever seen we were almost eye to eye,........not a good start to the day especially trying to gauge how far the gate was away,LOL.

About the 750 also being available with a straight axle, I am not sure it maybe possible although the IRS is still speculation. I know from experience EFI helps for extra power it is far more efficient than a carb this alone could help for the extra cc's. The announcement should be around the same time as the Suzi King Quad I would think, I have expectations for the Kawi 750.

Old 02-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Good news. Now the CDIs are going to be even more interesting and more beneficial and less fragil has carburated engines are to re-jetting every time you do a mod. Especially on engines equipped with a pressurized intake (turbo or supercharged like yours) where the volume of air varies much more than on a conventional engine and demands a lots of attention when there are temperature changes if it is carburated instead of efi who re-calibrates itself automatically. Good News for the Prairie modifier enthusiasts!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

I also hope it won't take two years for an aftermarket CDi like it did with the Prairie650's ignition CDi. Or maybe Kawasaki will think of a Child Safety switch this time instead of taking the power down for everybody like they did for the P650 and P700.

Old 02-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys, for your interest. I'm 5'2 so maybe Tiny was even taller than me. But, my friends brought me participate in regional arm wrestling competitions two years ago after kicking all of their a$$e$ at it. And I have been the champ for the last two years in my area. Usually the people I compete against are about a foot taller than I am and weigh 50 more pounds than I do. Competitors and friends after my first competition win were all coming up to me saying, "You, Littleboy...You Littleboy" and congradulating me! And that is where I got my nickname. In french slang it is 'Ti-Ka' (for petit-Garçon).

Old 02-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

TELLICO,

After all of our battles, I'm happy to hear that you're getting a Prairie 700. You won't be sorry and I wish you the very best with it. The power is intoxicating for a utility quad.

Quick Reply: PRAIRIE HATER BUYING PRAIRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!