Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Rear Shock for Mojave

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Shock for Mojave

Been bottoming out my rear shock pretty often- more like very often, and aggressinve riding doesn't help. Is there a suitable shock, like from a KFX400 or other quad that will bolt in, or anything like a cheater shock out there? I also have an old KDX250 rear shock spring- it looks like it is about the right size to replace the existing spring, but has thicker coils. Any input is greatly appreciated....

Old 03-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a whole new shock, if you have the money, i would try the spring, but make sure you have a motorcycle suspension preloader so the shock does not whack you in the face when you take it off( it is ugly i have seen it happen before) they sell them at a local autoparts store

Old 03-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

hey, hows it going. look on e-bay for a 250r shock. thats what i have on mine, and it works real good(once you get it dialed in) i looked on there and they seem to have some prettj good deals. its pretty much a bolt on deal, you just have to grind the spacers down on the swing arm where the shock mounts. the 250r shocks are rebuildable and can be tuned in for your riding style and size. if i was you i would look for a lokata swing arm at the same time, they are pretty cheap also. i hope this helps.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks- I understand that a Lakota swingarm is a bit longer than the 'jave's, how much longer? thanks again

Old 03-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

One more thing........ What about a 400ex shock, will that work too? Thanks

Old 03-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Found a shock on Ebay- but it wat for the ATC250R- which I understand is different from the TRX model, thanks again

Old 03-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

My rear shock went out last year and I bought Works shocks all around. They're better than stock, but I must not have them adjusted right....they're not that much better.

Old 03-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

im not too sure about the atc shock, i know that a 250r quad fits for sure so i would go with that, i have one on my mojave so there is no b.s. the reason i say get a lokata swing arm is because they are one inch longer from the shock mount back.(shock mounts in the same place) you look about my size, 6 foot around 200 pounds, if you are you know that the mojave is a little short for us. the best part of the kota arm is you have lots of room from the shock mount back to add metal if it is not long enough. if you look at the jave the shock mount is dang near at the axle carrier, which makes it harder to extend later. i have not done this mod yet but will as soon as i find a swing arm and have the time. it is also easier to grind down the spacers for the shock with the arm out. good luck and if there is any more ? you can pm me.

Old 03-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

steve 55 on the suspension forum they have a long post about tuning suspension. it is really informative if you can understand, i cant follow most of what they are saying, but look it up and read through it, and go from there. alot of it is for racing but a little helps us common folk,check it out and tell me what you think, thanks.

Old 03-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

i just looked up the name of the thread and it is called everything you ever wanted to know about suspension, mojave addict posted in there with some really good stuff but well above my head, thanks.

Quick Reply: Rear Shock for Mojave