Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

you wont beleave this

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you wont beleave this

i just wanted to say the dealers arent the best places to go for repairs!!!!! when i first bought my prairie i was devoted not to f#@k with it being that i can tear a car apart a millon times till i get what i want (power). when i had my first service done i told them that my belt was squacking and they fixed it (good). i went to pick it up and i noticed it had losted a bolt on the exaust so i asked if he had one or would i have to order one (a couple bucks no problem, order it) well he came out and said he didnt stock them (i said ok i will order one) then he said weight i got one, he ran back into the shop then came back out. he said we will take one off of this one (i watched him remove one from a custermers quad that was there). i could go on about this dealer but i going to get to the point. well i found this forum and guess what, im f@#king with it. i am doing the black secondary spring, 700p driven spring and belt adjustment. when i opened the cvt cover for the first time in 1600 miles i found a suprise the belt was installed on backwards. i know this doesnt seam much but the dealer should know better,the belt has an direction arrow on it. any morron could do this with better results period!!!!! the belt is still within speck, i will install the old belt on backwards for now, but i plan to install a new one in a couple months (money is tight wright now).

02 650p
nyroc muffler
158f/162r jets
needles shimed .033
epi black 2ndary
700p driven
warn 2000
plow

Old 03-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

Same thing here - dealer installed backward. Are you going to put a P700 belt in when you get to it?

Old 03-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

welcome to the wonderful world of atv stealers.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:35 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: cartman308
welcome to the wonderful world of atv stealers.
There is always bad seeds in every franchise and thank goodness not all are bad or you would have no ride.

Old 03-15-2004, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider

kawiyowee yes i will

Old 03-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

The best thing to do is to learn to fix it yourself. But for those like me who are a little intimidated with certain parts, such as carberators, there is another option. I found a good motorcycle repair shop who also works on ATV's. Dealers are there to sell ATVs and provide a service department to sell parts and also work on the ATVs they sell. But the IMPORTANT thing to them is SELLING ATVs, and many of them just provide the service department as an afterthought and hiring a bunch of parts changers and wrench holders. On the other hand, a good place that is there strictly for SERVICING ATVs or motorcycles will more than likely have good mechanics that know what they are doing. A reputable repair shop can only stay in business if they do good service. The one I took mine to did the work fast, better and cheaper than the dealer could. And they also hire away any good mechanic that the dealer happened to have. The reason I looked for a motorcycle shop is because those mechanics have been working on motorcycle carbs for years and knew them inside and out. I would find a reputable motorcycle or ATV repair shop and stay away from the dealer's service departments.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

RebelDS, good post.

Old 03-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

i have been to 4 different dealers asking questions about maintance and what not and still havent found one that knows more than i do. And i dont know much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

we have a great little shop that is my little town tha works on all types of powersports machines, so i buy from the dealer where i can get the cheapest price(no matter the distance) and any work i may need to have done, after the warranty period, gets done by these guys

Old 03-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

learn to work on it yourself would be the best deal really.The problem is an the mechanic at the yamaha dealer told me.Its not enough qualfied techs in the field because what they pay the top techs is crap for what they should be making an technology isnt helping it either so techs are leavin the bizness.I dont blame em of the reasons I left was as a rookie I couldnt get squatilla to get ahead so I left the field too,automotive field that is.

Quick Reply: you wont beleave this