Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dyna CDI vs. old tired stock igniter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna CDI vs. old tired stock igniter?

Anybody get one of the new 33 degree ones tested yet? I talked to Dyna yesterday, and they are vanishing almost as fast as the posts about them on the HIGHLIFTER FORUMS!!!!! Somebody should be seeing that brown truck pull up soon now.

Old 03-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

When I talked to Scott Valentine on "day one", he said he only had 6 of each style. Luckily, he said the factory is only 30 feet from his office, and once he had an idea of how many he needed, they would tool up and start to run them off.

Old 03-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: prairie633
I talked to Dyna yesterday, and they are vanishing almost as fast as the posts about them on the HIGHLIFTER FORUMS!!!!! .
Thats a good one about the HIGHLIFTER FORUMS.

Old 03-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

I wonder if the any of those first lucky six post here?

Old 03-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like I'm not one of the lucky guys who rec'd the first 12 cdi's made (even tho I actually called to order one on Monday evening less than 1 minute after I rec'd the e-mail from Scott V.).

BTW, I spoke to Scott V. last night (just before I left work) and he told me that their plan was to start assembling them today and Friday and hopefully start shipping them out sometime next week. I'm starting to think I may not receive mine before my next XC race on April 4th...that would suck to race all the while knowing that the cdi I don't yet have could make a difference in how I place in the race!

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Prairie633, I was quite confused a while back about the HL ICM and the DG module. I thought that I could rely on all the forum poster's testimonies that the HL ICM did make such a huge improvement over the DG module.

But since I have read your test results prooving that the HL ICM does not have any advantage over the DG module that you posted recently, I became open to the idea that HL was overmarketing and that the HL forum posters could be on the H/L ICM bandwagon and were spreading exagerations. In fact I accepted that as fact.

I have since gone back and searched for ther people's results on the HL ICM on various forums including HL, and they are turning up saying no gain over the DG module.

Prairie633, not that I doubted your test results, I just needed to hear it from more people. Now that I have, I have become a bit upset at some of the people on the HL forum. I feel they have been irresponsible to say the least, and are possibly just downright liers.

It just completely upset me that those forum subscribers were out knowingly spreading lies.

In fact, I became very upset last night when the biggest loser from the HL forum started posting that same kind of garbage on the kawiriders forum.

This just ticks me off.

Old 03-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

I think it is becoming quite apparent that ANY module that uses the speed sensor, can only do so much.(bottom end mainly) and that they ALL are about the same in terms of performance........The DG model is turning out to be the best one made, durability wise with the epoxy and the way it is constructed....It is now known that the best way to go is the complete CDI........I stated a while back that ,in a way you can't blame HL for "pushing their module to the moon" as they are a business and didn't want to get stuck with a ****load of modules due to the CDI coming out, and they had to market their product for all it was worth, BUT, I like Nyroc agree that to market a product with the falseness that has been done in the HL forum is totally wrong and dishonest......They claimed their's was unlike any out there. FALSE. their's outperformed any brand out there. FALSE. Their's was the cat's meow. FALSE. It turns out it's just ANOTHER module........Perhaps HL will learn from this experience and gather more info from those of us that KNOW these atv's...and that have rode them for 2 years now.........I am still glad to have HL products on the market to buy, but this ICM was one I was not buying into from the start.....they have lost some credibility with me........ let's keep these forum discussion's going guy's, this is where the truth really comes out.......Danny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: nyroc
Prairie633, not that I doubted your test results, I just needed to hear it from more people. Now that I have, I have become a bit upset at some of the people on the HL forum. I feel they have been irresponsible to say the least, and are possibly just downright liers.

It just completely upset me that those forum subscribers were out knowingly spreading lies.

In fact, I became very upset last night when the biggest loser from the HL forum started posting that same kind of garbage on the kawiriders forum.

This just ticks me off.
It upsets me as well. The problem is that when you have a forum based in a website that manufactures and sells the products its members are talking about and buying, its hard to see them badmouthing the products on their own forums. Thats why this forum and others like it are so good, they are not based on a manufacturer and you can say anything you want about any product as long as you can back it up. Thats why I always take things like that with a grain of salt and try to get more info, as you did.

Old 03-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

"In fact, I became very upset last night when the biggest loser from the HL forum started posting that same kind of garbage on the kawiriders forum"

nyroc, I just read your post. It made me laugh out loud. I've been thinking the same thing about "him" for months. I don't post on these forums often. But when I do, I feel I am adding facts or non bias opinions. Most of us know who you were referring to in the quote above. Please don't hold it against me that I live in the same state as "him". In fact it is embarrassing(sp) that I have to share the same first name with "him". That being said, it is a pleasure to read posts that are genuine, well thought out, and just plain make sense.

In the signature on one of the other forums, I have a quote. Tell me if you think it applies:

"Sometimes it is better to remain silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Old 03-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

I believe a lot of it is people's imagination. They've installed something that the advertising SAYS will give them something all the way through. Then when they try it out, they think "yeah, I feel a little more power". I think it's a mind thing and they THINK they are feeling more power. The danged machines are so powerful now that it will ALWAYS feel powerful and when they feel it, they think it's the module doing it, because the packaging says it does.

That's just my theory anyway. I'm not sure that all of them are lying. Such as you can tell someone that you lost 10 pounds and they can swear they can notice it on you, when in reality you haven't lost a pound.

Quick Reply: Dyna CDI vs. old tired stock igniter?