Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Thinking of Selling My Scrammy & Getting a V-Force, Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 10:24 AM
NYC
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of Selling My Scrammy & Getting a V-Force

Well it goes like this...
I love my Scrammy for what it is...
But, My boy just got a Kawi 700 V-force & WhoA! That Thing has *****!! I coundn't believe how Sweet it was... Jus touch the gas & your going up... & how it just Fly's on by me...
Don't get me wrong I love the 4X4 on my Scram, But his V, Went on/Threw every Trail/Water/Mud hole That I went threw.
Give it mine was a lil easier through some things, When I would put her in AWD. But the V was Pretty Sweet!! I Was Impressed... So I Started thinking of Selling my Scrammy & getting a V...
What do yall think? Can Ya Give me some Advice on why to/Not to?

I was thinking of picking up the Speed Kit for my Scrammy, I know it will help her a lil, But I doubt it will even come close to the V. So I'm really Not sure on what I should do...
Any Help/comments, let me know... THX

Old 04-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Range Rover
Default Thinking of Selling My Scrammy & Getting a V-Force, Worth it?

You could buy my V and put your son in his place. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2004, 11:18 AM
NYC
Pro Rider

LOL, So would you buy my Scrammy? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So why you selling Her?
*If anything PM Me*

Old 04-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Get the V. A Scrambler 500 is a good trail ride, but it doesn't even compare to the V in power or sportiness. My built SC400 is no match for my V.

Old 04-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: NYC
LOL, So would you buy my Scrammy? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So why you selling Her?
*If anything PM Me*

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm not a Scrammy sort of guy... LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm selling because I have more fun on my Prairie. I built up the V as a sort of project I guess. During the summer the V will just sit because I can't ride it out on the river that a group of us take every weekend. I will probably turn around and get another Praire for my fiance to ride since I hate to ride double. Plus I can't ride the way I like to when she is on back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] PM me if you would like more details or pics.

Old 04-05-2004, 12:58 PM
NYC
Pro Rider

So to the Owners of the V,
Whats some Pros/Cons to the V...

I heard that the A-arms get Bent Easy.
That it guzzels gas/The tank not big enough.

Can you guys give me some input....

THX!

Old 04-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Range Rover

I think it is the tie rods that bend, not the A-arms but maybe I'm wrong. The gas tank is too small for it as well. I typically ride in an area where I can come back and fill up every couple of hours so it isn't an issue. If you were going out on a trail that is over 30 miles, I think you would want the larger tank for sure. Only other thing I can think of is that it has trouble in soft sand with the stock tires on it. Paddle are almost a must in that situation.

I'm sure others will chime it as well but a few of the pros are the power and torque for sure. The suspension is great for all day riding IMO. If you are looking to jump it a lot, it would probably be in your best interest to invest in some aftermarket shocks. Keep in mind that those babies aren't cheap. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Once you put on an exhaust on it, be ready for some weird looks and thumbs up. The sound of that twin engine really turns the heads.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Tie-rods are weak. You can buy good replacements for around $70 or you can do like I did and spot-weld a $4 piece of galvanized over them. Its held up fine for 6 months of hard riding.

700cc's of v-twin will drink the gas. A six-pack rack holding a gas can or a bigger tank will take care of that.

I don't know if the V you rode was modified, but you have no idea what it is capable of until you at least put on a set of duals and change the clutch spring.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:54 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

The ONLY complaint I have about the V is it's manners going down hill. Once you get the hang of it, it gets easier. What happens is that when going downhill, the trany will disengage and free wheel. This can be stopped by simply tapping the throttle, but you have to do it continuously whenever going down hill. Depending on the steepness of the hill, it can sometimes get a little tricky.

I have ridden my Father-in-Laws 500 4X4 Scrammy quite a bit and there really is no comparison between the two. The 4X4 is nice, but in most instances, you won't miss it. The additional ground clearance of the V is also a plus.

One other thing, if you ride sand, GET PADDLES!!!! The V's stock tires don't do well in the sand. With paddles, you will be able to go anywhere you point it.

Good Luck.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer

I had a Scrambler like yours and put the Hot Seat Speed kit with pipe and Clutch work, added Douglas wheels, and bolted on all sorts of aftermarket aluminum. It probably dropped 30-40 lbs from stock. I got rid of it and now have a V force. The stock V will smoke the hopped up Scrammy. I can't wait to mod the big twin. I miss the 4wd only in deep mud and in the winter time. I have only buried the V in the mud a couple of times. It will go most places, as long as you use some common sense. The snow is a different story. Even with Surtraks on the back, My V is worthless in snow over 4 inches. Yes, it does guzzle gas, I am going to probably get the larger IMS tank. There are also Out-N-Back racks that hold a gas can. I bent a tie rod the first time out, but not since. They are only $9.00 a piece or speed $100 and get some good ones.
I loved my scrammy for climbing hills, lots of low end torque. Now with the V, I am letting off the gas half way and coasting up. yes. it has big power even stock. In my opinion, both bikes have good suspension for trail riding, get either one in the whoops and they both Suck badly!!!! The stock shocks on the V can't take it, if your trying to ride with guys on sport quads.

I highly recommend it! have fun

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling My Scrammy & Getting a V-Force, Worth it?