Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help please p700 problem??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please p700 problem??

I bought a p700 a few months ago and last week I put on new tires. My question is today when I drove it I give it gas and let off at low speeds it makes likes a clicking or shifting noise. If I keep giveing it gas and letting off steady at low speed is does it too. Also when I go over some bumps at slower speeds it makes that noise almost like something is loose. Is it something that's normal? Could it be from putting new tires on? It's almost like the engine is loose or something. I'm not sure how to explain it. I just need to know if I should bring it in?

Old 04-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the fourms.

Sounds to me that your gear selector could needs adjustment. Also check to make sure your engine bolts are tight, (rare but some were loose from factory). It could be something as stupid as something in the tire. Did you oversize the tires? if you turn sharp you will clip your front fender... no biggie but puts out an awfull noise. Try it on something clean like pavement and see if the tires could be throwing stuff and hitting the inside of your fenders, (I really doubt it). There is a whine in the tranny that's normal and it does get louder when you switch tires. That's a start... I would get it looked at.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:47 AM
Trailblazer

Mine and my buddies also, had loose motor mounts which cause the shifter to be out of adjustment.
Check your front motor mount.

Old 04-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I put on 25inch tires. The sound isn't comeing from the tires. It sounds more like something shifts back and forth when I give it gas and let off right away. I will take a closer look toady and see if something is loose.

Old 04-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

I thought there was somethign wrong with my engine, the loose sounding noise. But my tools had come out of their pack, under my seat. So thats what my problem was. I cant speak for you bur sometimes little dumb things like that happen to me so why not you?...lol

Old 04-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

I've been hearing about missing rubber gromets on the skid plates, which makes them rattle... this noise typically sounds like it's coming from around the CVT...

Old 04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

what type of tire I know my dirtdevils are noisey tire.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer

Wasn't them the typical clanking noise of the gear going back and forth?
Mine too do this noise especially on small bumps and have been said here in the forum is nothing to worry about...
BudO

Old 04-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I notice that you have a prairie and you have both the mudlites and ATR's. I am purchasing a prairie 700 (on order) and am really contemplating getting the ATR's. I had the 26" Mudlites on my grizzly I traded and liked them, so it is between the two. I'd like to bother you for your opinion. Ilike mudding but 90% of my riding is trail. I am also a hunter and need a tire that is tough enough to make it in and out of old logging cuts to retreive game. My mudlites were good for this and not bad on the trail, but I know I was losing a lot in the way of handling..a big problem with the grizz to begin with. I
guess what i am asking is how are the ATR's as an all terrain tire (mud, sticks, trail, rocks) ??

Old 04-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

Hemi,
I can just say good thing about the ATR but I've rode few Kms on them since I've Mudlites on from last summer , I usually mount the ATR when weather get warm to save the Mudlites.
I've just a little experience in the mud with the ATR on a 20 cm (about 2/3 of a foot) mud hole in which I had any problem getting out.
Here the trail are quite rocky and they responded great especially going fast, just keep them a little on the soft side (but not too much) to avert bouncing here and there,I can say only good thing about the ATR but I'd repeat I've rode very few KMs on them.
try a search on the forum or start a new topic you will find a lot of helpful experienced guys here .

PS:
you say you have mudlites , yesterday I was riding on a pavement road and I noticed my prairie is pulling a lot to the left ,getting my hands away from the handlebar result in the bike going from one side to the other of the road in a 40 meters span.
Does your ATV go straigh or what?
thanks
BudO

Quick Reply: Help please p700 problem??