Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

FASST Flexx handlebars for VForce?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FASST Flexx handlebars for VForce?

I have them on my Raptor and LOVE THEM. No more hand shock from downhill braking bumps. My elbows hurt after a MX race at Buds Creek MD and I went searching for new bars that would flex a little, I came home $250 poorer with Flexx bars. They are tough, I rolled my Raptor and they didn't get a scratch. You'll like them.

Old 04-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

n2, I just received an e-mail from Fasst Flex saying they are out of stock on the ATV bars untill the 15th of April. You said you'll have everything in three days......I guess I'm not connected[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Do you know who you talked to over there?

Old 04-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Mark82ndABN
n2, I just received an e-mail from Fasst Flex saying they are out of stock on the ATV bars untill the 15th of April. You said you'll have everything in three days......I guess I'm not connected[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Do you know who you talked to over there?

Yes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I spoke with Cole; tell him Kevin Johnston sent you. PM me for details. When I spoke with them yesterday late afternoon, Cole "found" two sets (I wanted the 14* sweep). Call and ask for Cole, they may still have one set left.

BTW, I'm testing the complete Ohlin suspension setup next weekend...not that it will do me any good; I don't even qualify as a rookie. I hope I can stay out of everyone's way. I can't wait. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Steve

Old 04-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

I can't wait to hear how they are on the V. The stock V is one harsh ride.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I am also curious....I also will be testing out my Ohlins very soon..They should be in Wensday...if you get the bars on, shoot some pics for everyone....

Old 04-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

just getting into the chat, i also will join the band wagon and purchase a set if they are good,
please let us know how they perform.
also let us know how they fit with all bells and wissiles that are on the v-force bars.

thanks

Old 04-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

CRASHDOG, I can answer your question on all the V-Force controls fitting on the Flexx handlebars.....it was one of the questions I asked of Flexx when I e-mailed them. I asked for the measurement from the tip of the bars to where it meets the "blocky" part of the bars (the useable, round or "attachable" part). They told me it's a full 9" of straight bar.....longest useable space out of ANY bar on the market. Heck, with that much space you could get the grips on and all the controls and still have room for a kill switch.

Old 04-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

WELL! Anybody have one on their V yet? Do you like? Got pics? Anybody?

Old 04-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: HappywithVForce
WELL! Anybody have one on their V yet? Do you like? Got pics? Anybody?

Well, I have a report; though it's great news for the Flexx handlebars, it's not so good for the stock tie rods...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The bars were awesome. I also used Spider Grips new "slimline" grip, as well. Loretta Lynn's is a fast, semi-bumpy track, with lots of in-the-woods jumps. I slightly bumped a small sapling (at ~ 25 mph), and later when the bike was having handling issues (go figure, with a bent tie rod [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) smacked a good sized tree at the same speed. I was fine, but more than a few riders stated I should have injured my wrists. For my first race, I wasn't as arm-pumped or shoulder fatigued as I expected.....course, I only made roughly 11 of the 51 miles, but I doubt I would have had enough "seat time" to complete the race in 2 hours, anyway. Everyone that tried my bars complimented on them; I'm glad I had them. I used the "blue" bushings; I think they are the softest. I weigh 195 lbs.

On the other hand, I had to use the stock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] suspension; Ohlins didn't have the front shocks. They offered to install the rear, but I didn't think the rear would be of any value without the fronts. I was disappointed, but I'm sure Ohlins will make good on it.

My buddy (Kevin Johnston) finished third behind Henke. To say Doug Henke is fast is an understatement.

GNCC is an eye-opener. I'm in pretty good physical shape for a 38 year old, but unless you ride wide open for long periods of time, you're not in shape for GNCC....I most certainly wasn't. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll try again in Kentucky, possibly.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good thanks for update...
I also am getting Ohlins ,they should be in today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]......I think I might pick up a set of bars while I am there...

I did my first GNCC race last month and my arm's were very pumped..Put it this way I twisted my grips right off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I did finnish the race but man was I beat for the next 2 days..I also drove 16 hrs straight to get there, then raced and drove straight home..Sharring the ride with 2 of my other buds of course...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: FASST Flexx handlebars for VForce?