Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Jetting maybe an answer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetting maybe an answer?

I have been reading the topics on this forum for a few months and there seems to be a lot of discussion on pilot jets, needles and main jets. There is a device that the Kawasaki ZX-12R riders are using to make adjustments to their fuel injection systems. The device is a small air/fuel ratio meter that is mounted on their bike and monitors air/fuel ratios under different riding conditions. They basically run their bike at different throttle positions versus engine rpm and record results. They adjust their system using a power commander type device and go out and retest. The advantage of this system, some say over dyno, is that it provides actual data for your intended use. This would be invaluable for determining where in the RPM range versus throttle position you are lean/rich. You would then know whether to adjust the needle, pilot or main jets. This may be excess information for the average ATVer but there seems to be a lot of riders that like to push the limits of these great machines. http://www.twminduction.com/Halmeter/Halmeter-FR.html Hope this will be of some use to the readers.

Old 04-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I received a question on whether this is a narrow or wide band sensor and the one in their kit is a narrow band sensor. If you need a air/fuel meter that uses a wide band oxygen sensor there is an LM-1 digital meter. For information check this site. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...255725fce705e6

Old 04-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Range Rover

this is more
more info you can get from other units. does more than just air and gas mixture. tach speedo. can handle 3 seperate cyl. air/fuel mixture,water temp etc, i got one am just waiting for weather to give me a f break. got a email address if interested.