Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

hmf mike penland

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004 | 11:23 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default hmf mike penland

Does any have his new piipe.How was the craftmanship? How much power did it gain? And were? And how loud? Whats the best price to get it? I found it for 450.Thanks

Old 06-06-2004 | 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default hmf mike penland

I have The Penland HMF setup on my Prairie. Quality is good, Its Much quieter then the slip-on HMF I replaced it with and the power seems to be better. I ran it with and without the insert tube and like the insert. You'll have to ask HMF all about the insert Im not 100% sure on all that it does. I know it spreads the power out those and seem to work. In the next month or so Im going to dyno it and have some results. I would recommend it... ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com

Prairie 700
TRX 2-something-R
And a bunch of other Toyz!

Old 06-07-2004 | 01:12 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default hmf mike penland

thanks

Old 06-07-2004 | 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default hmf mike penland

So Maryland ATV, there is how much of an increase in power over stock with the Penland? I thought he was working with Big Gun, what happened here? Also, by insert tube, I'm assumming you mean the quiet core?

Old 06-07-2004 | 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default hmf mike penland

Dont know anything about Penland and Big Gun? I just wanted a full system, Really like HMF so I thought I would give the setup a try. Im not sure what the increase in power over stock is? but will dyno it in the next few months. Its not a quiet core, They call it a ~TRM~ Torque Range Modifier, It adds additional torque across the entire power band and seems to work! I only have a few mods on my Prairie and Im the very happy with the quads proformance right now and dont plan on making anyother changes. ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com

Prairie 700
TRX 2-something-R
And a bunch of other Toyz!

Old 06-07-2004 | 11:08 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default hmf mike penland

What mods do you have? How did the pipe make it run after putting it on? What jetting are you running? Stock jets or dynojet.Any cams ?

Old 06-08-2004 | 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default hmf mike penland

All very good questions. How loud is it compared to the stock muffler is one of mine that I forgot, if you can remember?

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default hmf mike penland

yea..how loud is it..is it gonna **** off my neighbors{not that I care..trash burning ,welfare collecting,lazyasses}

Old 06-08-2004 | 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default hmf mike penland

~LOL~
The HMF Penland Pipe is really not too loud, And I don't think your trash burning, welfare collecting, lazy *** neighbors will be bothered by it to much Metallikev~LOL! The DMC Alien's that where on my v-force is what is needed there!~LOL And the HMF Penland Pipe is not as 1/2 as loud as the Alien's seemed to be.~lol At idle or low to mid cruzing speeds it has a very nice rumble but just like any full system when you drop the hammer you do hear it. I'm going to guess 97-100DB?? The Torque Range Modifier I'm sure also helps break up the sound a little bit. I feel theirs a lot more all around Power over the stock and the slip-on exhaust. My Mods: HMF Penland Pipe jetted 145-148, Dyna CDI, EPI Pink Spring, 1/2inx1/2in opening on the top of The air box lid using the TPI Value, Twin Air Filter, Oh and Stock Snorkel, I was told by a Kawasaki Team Green tech that the Prairie breaths fine and the DG or other Larger snorkels are really not needed on most Prairies and doent really help with proformance all that much?? That goes against everything you read on here? And Im no carb or eng. Expert thats for sure!~lol. But My DG is setting on a shelf for now, stock is back on and I'm running fine!? Other then a much lighter front Bumper, Team Green Plastic and the Best wheels and tires made(IMO) thats all my Prairie has and like I said, right now I'm really happy with the quad and she seems to be running very good.( Best so far! ) Im still learning so Im sure down the road I might do something else? play with the cluch springs? but for right now besides breaking her down repacking bearings putting on a new rear axle(Bent in GNCC) and bacic mantanance I think Im done with the mods?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]~coop

Old 06-08-2004 | 03:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default hmf mike penland

How does the Praire stack up against the Grizzly, I am looking at both. I have ridden a Griz but not a praire. Does the Praire have a push button 4wd like the Griz? thanks for the info

Quick Reply: hmf mike penland