Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Had a great GNCC race in VA.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a great GNCC race in VA.

What a race! It started out a mud fest, but started to dry up by the end. The woods section was very tight and my nerfs did a lot of tree rubbing. Then there were some WOT sections that were great and long. Then there came the MX part of the race. This is where I did most of my passing. Yes the V did allright. The reason I was able to do so well in the MX section, is because of the practice my brother and I did on our homemade track. I knew what the V could do, then I did it. Here is a Pic of me taking one of the jumps in the MX section Jump. There was 17 in my class and I was able to get a 3rd place finish, and 52nd overall. Not bad for for being allmost 38. And to make things better, I won $125 in contingencies. $50 from Maxxis and $75 from Kawasaki. Can't wait for the Wisp in 2 weeks. My brother did pretty good on his Predator considering he got stuck in the 1st mudhole and watched his class and the class behind him go by. It took 4 guys to pull his Pred out. But he fought back and got a respectable 8th out of 22 in the class C33+. He would of done better, but he didn't go through he Pred before the start to make sure things were tight. His front plastic bolts vibrated loose, so on his last lap he had to stop and take it off because it was only holding on by his light plugs. The sad part about the whole race was, we went back to get his plastic and could not find it. I'm hoping someone from GNCC has found it and will bring it to the Wisp in 2 weeks. We also met up with Mentalstate and Kuz down there. I will let them tell you how they did.

Old 06-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool pic and thanx for the write-up...looks like ya'll had a lot of mud to deal with! Sounds like you did excellent!

I had a local XC race on Sunday and I did ok...got 2nd out of 5 in the utility 4wd class. It was DARN HOT tho...90 plus degrees and hi humidity...thank goodness for camelbaks!

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will you be at the Ohio race in July? I will be there, that is the last race for my Prairie in the GNCC and after the race I'm bringing it home with me! I'd like to meet a few of you guys from here!
Did you happen to see it this weekend, Cain from dirt wheels rode it this time but didn't finish as well as expected because he had to sit for most of the race because the seat latch spring broke and the seat kept wanting to fall off! I also heard he was taking some doubles with it tho! LOL!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Like GE said it was great race..I was in tenth on the first lap and 8th on the second and stuck in da mud on the third..Finnished 18th..
The V held up great but it was very tight and muddy..

See you at the Wisp...

Old 06-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Prairiewrench
Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will you be at the Ohio race in July? I will be there, that is the last race for my Prairie in the GNCC and after the race I'm bringing it home with me! I'd like to meet a few of you guys from here!
Did you happen to see it this weekend, Cain from dirt wheels rode it this time but didn't finish as well as expected because he had to sit for most of the race because the seat latch spring broke and the seat kept wanting to fall off! I also heard he was taking some doubles with it tho! LOL!!!
I won't be at that one in OHIO, but I plan on hitting the one in St. Clairsville OHIO in Sep. What place did he come in? There were a lot of Praires there, so I'm sure I saw him, just don't know which one. But if he was hitting those doubles with a 4x4, he's got some big cahunna's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

It was the yellow with flames four stroke tech Prairie! I heard the doubles were nasty but he had fun jumping it,,, good thing I beefed up the strut mounts! LOL!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Congrats on your finish GE4X4, Cya at the Wisp,Doug

Old 06-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TeamGreen700
Congrats on your finish GE4X4, Cya at the Wisp,Doug
Thanks, it feels good. But I would of been 4th, the way you were kicking butt. What happen on your 4th lap. You were way ahead, what broke?

Old 06-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

Great ride George!...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Doug sorry for your bad luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]...I thought you were going to finally get us a V on the podium this season. I think you were running 3rd overall on the second lap.

This was my sixth Gncc and finally I got bitten by bad luck....right after the start I pushed some guy on a Carbon V-Force thru a mud hole ....only to completely bury my V. The sand / mud had no base to it at all, and I sank over top of the nerf bars.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I would have never gotten out if it weren't for some really nice spectators that were standing by. That was the first time I have ever buried my V ,...there was no way I could even think of lifting that pig out of the mud. I am small rider, and I have always dreaded and wondered what might happen during a race,.... should I bury the V like that. I did get going though, and only lost about 2 minutes, but then some more B-luck.....

....and at one of the bottle necks at around 5 miles into the race. I then got hit on my right front wheel really hard by another V Force rider. We untangled, and about a mile later my right front wheel locked up tight (broken wheel bearing) I pushed the dead wheel 1/2 way thru the MX section, and I was barely able to climbed over the big step up jump...I pulled over, and one of the GNCC officials helped me break the wheel loose, and I then just took it back to the truck, and called it a day.

However, the weekend was not a total loss, .....my 16 year old son "Travis" raced his very first GNCC[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ( first year racer class). He only did 2 laps, but did finish under the checkers. I am very proud of him.

Those persons that have never raced a GNCC, probably don't realize what an accomplishment it is to just finish, and come out the other end, and still be alive from one of these races. I told him to be proud, and it will ony get better from here on out for him. He loved it, and he is now a die hard gncc'er. I bought him his first quad (electric) at three years old, and now he's racing with/against dad..."pretty cool"

I'll be back at the Wisp in 2 weeks.....possibly on a new Honda 450 R though ( work-n a deal right now). I still love the V though, but it is just too big and heavy for this guy, if I were to get it stuck or hung up again....

If this deal goes thru, I will probably part out the aftermarket pipe, shocks and new wheels. I will also be selling the V (well maybe)...I'll post in the classifieds if I do.

later.....todd[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I also buried my V bad in the third lap...I was doin very well too..Was totally dissapointed...Time for a winch..I think the added wieght will balance out the hefty swing arm in the back....

See you's at the WISP....!

Quick Reply: Had a great GNCC race in VA.