Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

LAKOTA.....REJET????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAKOTA.....REJET????

If i put a supertrapp silencer (no pipe) and a k&n filter on my lakota, will i need to rejet? And how big of a performance increase will i get? Also if there is anyone with the maier racing plastics on a lakota, post some pics because i'd like to see how it looks.

Old 06-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, you will have to rejet if you add the pipe and filter. With the pipe, filter, and rejetting you will get about a 10%-15% power increase. You will also want to go up 1 tooth in the front sprocket so that the lakota can stretch out its gears a little more, stock the lakota is geared real low, going up 1 tooth will make a nice little differnce.

Old 06-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Range Rover

Is there a slip on for the original pipe, because im not sure how to rejet the carb.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Im sure you can just get a slip-on, but you will still have to rejet. With the new slip-on and k&N filter your lakota will be breathing better and need to be rejetted to accomadate the better air flow. Get a friend who is comfortable working on carbs and have them help you do the rejet, or maybe get a shop manual for the lakota and try and do it yourself. Im no mechanic so I got a friend to help me with it.