Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Vforce vs P700

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vforce vs P700

Went to Pismo yesterday. with my Raptor, P700 and a friends Vforce. We ran them at the drag strip area and results were very surprising.

I weigh 100 lbs more than my buddy, but in ten runs, only one run was the VForce pulling ahead of me.....It was pretty cool. Pretty much each run they pulled dead even.......Both bikes are stock except for some skids and winch and stuff......But I was surprised that the FVorce did not out pull me........

But then again, we never did switch bikes and see if it was rider....

Old 06-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Range Rover
Default Vforce vs P700

Those are interesting results. I haven't ridden a P700 yet but I am working on selling my V-Force for one. I wouldn't have guessed that it would run so closely to it.

Old 06-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vforce vs P700

One other result, whenver I would start in 4 wheel drive, I would jump out in front by two quad lengths....

Yeah, but then, same engine, transmission and stuff...... but they pulled surprisingly even....

Old 06-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Range Rover
Default Vforce vs P700

the p700 is more constant on dirt than the V

I have seen a p700 in 4X4 beat a V (stock vs stock) a couple times.

Old 06-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vforce vs P700

If the V had the stock holeshots, he would just spin and the P700, in 4x4 will get off the line 1st. The V should catch up though.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Range Rover
Default Vforce vs P700

it would have needed more than 300 ft to do it.

Old 06-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vforce vs P700

Yes he had the stock holeshots. I think the Dunlops on the P700 didn't help it any either. Mo, the other rider, did say that it seemed like at the end of the runs he thought he was gaining....

Here is a link to some pics, check the Pismo group for SUnday's pics.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vforce vs P700

Hey Budd...tell me about Pismo. I'm wanting to go there this summer...around Sep.. Anyone ever get stuck out there? I'd be pulling a 5th wheel toy hauler. Also, any decent camp grounds, or can ou dry camp on the beach. Is it pretty crowded? etc, etc, etc......

Old 06-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vforce vs P700

Pismo gets very crowded around holiday weekends, but any other weekend you can usually find a spot to camp. I heard they started to allow only so many overnight campers on holiday weekends , and I don't think they have limits on other weekends....For day use there is no limits.

There are a lot of places to RV camp near there, lots of places. One of my favorites is the Sand and Surf RV park which has good facilities, and is really close to the Oceano entrance to Pismo Beach. They have really decent pull thrus and back in spaces, each haveing hookups and tables.

When you are there, you will notice every RV, Trailer, Fifth Wheel, you name it, it will be somewhere out on the sand. Yes you could get stuck, but if you take reasonable precautions you will make it no problem. 1) lower the air pressure in your truck and trailer tires to 15-20 psi, 2) keep moving until your ready to stop, 3) stay on the hard pack near the beach, don't start dragging you rig out in the soft stuff, 4) plan your trip around tides, at hi tides there is a creek to cross, at lo tides, you won't even see the creek because the surf will be way down the sand. I always plan a trip or a trip to the sand from camp at times other than high tide.....5) don't park your rig to near the water line, if you get there at low tide and go riding for 2-3 hours, your really gonna get a surprise when you get back to camp. you want to park near enought to the water to stay near the hard pack, but hi enough up the beach that the tide won't bother you..6) If you camp on the sand it may be very usefull to bring several sheets of plywood to keep the wind from undermining the sand after you have parked....sound funny but that wind can undermine sand is the very nature of sand dunes....7) if you do get stuck, finding somebody to pull you out will be no problem, just keep asking....

Camping at Pismo is really awesome, but sometimes you might want to stay at a nice RV campgraound and shuttle your stuff Down to the beach, but that can be a hassle, and everybody like to camp the stuff near where you ride.....I love coming in from a ride and coming back to the RV or Trailer and grabbin a cold one, or a sanwich, or a shower.....that's why you bought the big beast right.....

another thing, you will see the most unusual stuff youever saw out there, unless you've been to Glamis.....It blow my mind the stuff people bring, This last weekend I saw a guy that had his big rig truck bed set up for a large sand rail, towing the biggest fifth wheel toy hauler I ever saw with half a dozen fancy quads in it....and I saw more than one such arrangment.....

Pismo is great, but it's too bad the tree huggers conned the government into closing off 90% of the sand that we used to be able to ride on.....

If you have any more questions.....

Old 06-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vforce vs P700

p700 rules

Quick Reply: Vforce vs P700