Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

*%$#ing!!!!! BF ATR PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *%$#ing!!!!! BF ATR PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!

I just got ATR's for my BF. I had them mounted at Goodyear. I took them for a test ride and the front end shaked bad so I had the front tires balanced. They still shake, WTF? Bad tires?

Old 07-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

My 589s do that,my retina's will detatch if I hold it over 90kph,seriously.I've never had them balanced but I'm thinking I should.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought a set of atrs and put them on my 650 and they shake bad. I sent ITP an email and they never
got back with me.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

If they're balanced, but still shake, they're most likely out of round or have a flat spot. I would jack the front off the ground, then spin the tires to check the runout.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

I only had the front tires balanced. Should I have the rear tires balanced also? I was running 7 psi all around. I took it down to 4.5 psi in the front and 5 in the back and it only shakes over 35 mph. Thoughts?

Old 07-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Range Rover

Have you checked the toe-in? When I ordered my ATRs on C-series rims today, the dealer made a point of saying that many Kawasakis needed their toe-in adjusted to 0 when they run ATRs. The stock Duncraps are much more tolerant of a improperly set toe-in. Because the ATRs grip so well and have a huge footprint, any toe-in alignment is magnified when running ATRs. See Nyroc's website to see how to adjust your toe-in.

Brian

Old 07-27-2004, 12:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats ridiculous that ITP has had so many problems with what they call their great inovative tire. I was really wanting those, and after hearing all the stories, I'll probably end up getting a 6 ply of some other brand. Never been big on ITP, but I liked the look of the ATR's.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

I took the psi down to 4 on all 4. The shake is almost gone until around 50 mph. Is that psi too low to run for everyday driving?

Old 07-27-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

I dont think 4psi it too low. I run 5-6 but thats just me. 4psi may give a bit more body roll than say 6psi but then again you may never notice it. I also had to set my toe-in to zero before my ATRs would act right.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Range Rover

Checked my toe-in tonight and it's off. I did not have all of the "scientific equipment" (haha) that Nyroc has to measure the toe-in, but I was able to check the measurement by taking a telescopic pole and locking it across the back of the rim and then bringing around the the front and seeing if it fit. The tires are definitely closer together at the front of the rims than in the back. Question to Nyroc and KOD...Should I have the front end under load when I do the measurements? Theoretically, the dual A-arms should keep the camber even throughout the wheel motion range...right?

Brian

Quick Reply: *%$#ing!!!!! BF ATR PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!