Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

No traction with Dirt Devils!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No traction with Dirt Devils!

After my mods I have virtually no traction from my Dirt Devils. Is this common for this tire? I can cut across my yard at about 40mph and ease into the gas and lose all traction. On hardpack it is a little better but still not what I would call grabby.
These tires wear great but I don't wanna get spanked by a lesser quad because of tire spin.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:11 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

I have 26” Dirt Devils which has significantly higher tread lugs than the 25” model (this is common with many brands / models of tires, where the tread lugs take a big jump in size going from 25” to 26” and larger tires sizes).

What I have found is that even with my 26” Dirt Devils if you bang the throttle they will indeed spin and on wet grass they are like ice skates, but for slower technical riding where you are easier on the throttle they will bite pretty good. So for drag racing on grass, especially with the 25” size you’d better put it in 4WD!

Actually for my IRS Grizzly the Dirt Devils make power sliding pretty easy because of their ability to break loose on demand which is one of the reasons I like them (but on the 25” size the shallower tread may not bite enough for the more powerful quads, especially the big Prairie which is more powerful than the Grizzly)...

Old 08-21-2004, 12:13 AM
Range Rover

This happens on fry grass. On the wet stuff it is like being on ice!

Old 08-21-2004, 12:13 AM
Range Rover

dry not fry

Old 08-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Range Rover

Yea, my opinion of the DD's has lowered alot lately too. When they were brand new and thier biting edge was really sharp they were awsome. After a couple months tho, they lost that edge and are now like riding slicks with some big lugs on them. I can do on command burnouts with them at about any speed by bliping the throttle. And hills that I used to fly up now require 4x4 or I won't make it. I loved em new, and I still think they have about the best look to them of just about all tires out there, but they just don't get the job done after that edge is gone. I think that I won't be buying another set of these, for the money they cost, they just don't keep a decent bite for very long. The ones on the front tho, they are like they just came outta the box, so next time I buy tires, I'm going to have to mix and match cause the rears are toast and the fronts are new. Can't justify buying new fronts when I don't need them. If ya don't ride alot, and you like to show off yer really clean quad to your buds, Dirt Devil's have that badass as look that really stands out. But if you bought your quad for whats its actually for, I'd stay away from them. Just my .02, from someone who's got about 1000 miles on the set.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:29 PM

my friend about a month ago went out and bought the dd"s and has put 1000 mile on them and says there just like new and he loves them and matter of fact hes always ran the dd's wathere it was an a sport's quad or on a 4x4

Old 08-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

all show -n- no go...LOL....save your cash and get something better.

Old 08-21-2004, 03:40 PM

i put a set of dd that where 6 months old and had 1500 miles on them and there where grate i loved them i had better traction in mud then with the stock i loved them im goign to put them on my moms p360 this winter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

the lugs are vertical rather than horizontal. they probly work well for fronts but you might want to try something with more of a horizontal tread design

Old 08-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Ive watched those DD's pack full of mud in a few seconds leaving 5th stuck in the mud....

Quick Reply: No traction with Dirt Devils!