Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Sway Bar for Brute Force

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar for Brute Force

Has anyone considered trying to retrofit a heavier sway bar out of a Polaris in the BF? Or seeing if there is a company that could build a custom bar? That would make it handle flatter and better w/o giving up too much of the independent action.

Old 09-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

if you want it to handle like a sra machine, buy the p700, if you want a soft comfortable ride, get the bf, it's that simple

Old 09-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

Haven't considered that Scott.....but...have considered seeing if I can get a pair of ureathane bushings for it.....there seems to be quite a bit of play in the OEM rubber ones, and suspect this will be a part that needs replacing in the not too distant future.

Jeff

Old 09-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: redbruteforce - if you want it to handle like a sra machine, buy the p700, if you want a soft comfortable ride, get the bf, it's that simple
That's not what I'm saying - I'm talking about tuning the susp. differently. The BF is being compared to the Grizzly in the rear suspension (not necessarily a good thing), while the Rincon and Sportsman's seem to have it tuned a little better.

Piski - if you are seeing alot of movement in the rubber bushings before the sway bar actually begins to flex, urethane bushings would be a great place to start.

Old 10-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Bump
I thought I would bring this to the top again.....people crapped on the Grizzly for being too tippy and then Kawi does the same thing to the BF. We now know how good the rear suspension works on the KQ (not to mention the Sportsman and the Rincon). I thought this topic would get alot more attention, and maybe some solutions.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Does the BF have adjustable rear shocks? One thing about the Grizzly is that it comes from the factory at the next to the softest settings, and most people just jump on it and ride it without even thinking to stiffen up their suspension if they don't like it. Granted not everyone, but there are always folks with more money than brains who would ride it for a month and then take it back and trade it in without even thinking of something as simple as adjusting a shock. If the BF has adjustable shocks, there is probably some room for improvement, because I doubt they come from the factory at the stiffest setting.

But the idea about a custom sway bar would be a good idea. The "buy a Prairie if you don't like it" is a crap response that gets the topic nowhere. I've seen where a guy built a custom sway bar for a Sp700 before, but don't remember who or where. Might be able to find it with a search, and if nothing else you might could get some ideas from the dude. Seems like he had a couple he made and sold one on EBAY, but I'm not totally sure.