Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Happy with brute force,where is all the b.f. talk?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy with brute force,where is all the b.f. talk?

Bike is much faster than my 700 was and rides so nice. Muffler sheild fell off with 10 miles, Has low speed miss, I love it anyway. Great bike.

Old 10-11-2004, 03:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brute force is somewhat old news. The kq came out and that seems to be the big talk now as people want to know what its like. There is a lot of brute force threads a few weeks back and since. You just need to do a search and you will find lots of them.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

I love my Brute Force and yes I had the same problems and recall. Ran it in a dirt drag and ran 6.11 stock with nothin but a dynatec CDI. Rode it 300 miles last week and still love it .

Old 10-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Range Rover

Kawasaki dealer will fix your miss. Check out Highlifter web site's forum, a lot of talk there. Its getting old hearing about all of the problems, but we all cant help it. If something falls off or aint right we always want to post seeing if anyone else is having the same problems. Most likely they are........................................

Old 10-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

my buddy burried his Brute Force in the mud real bad this weekend, overheated it and the belt indicator came on making it go into 'limp mode'. You could hear the belt hitting the plastic housing but it was dark so we didnt tear into it. Last time out we discovered a bent shock in the rear. The bumper is bent too, I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't a paper tiger like the '02 Grizz 660 I had. I think I'm going to treat my Brute like a Corvette instead of a Hummer. I raced a Twin Peaks 700 and smoked him pretty bad, I have the Dyna FS CDI box, he doesn't. I am real happy with the get-up-go this thing has!

Old 10-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Mine has 300 miles on it and it's at the dealer for a split left rear boot and ball joint damage. Kawasaki position is for dealer to prove that the damage was caused by workmanship or material defect. The dealer does not have the capability to prove that, and the dealer has no indication of rider abuse or damage from foreign contact. Dealers are not set up to do root cause investigations or engineering and metalurgical analysis on failed components. Dealer is trying to help, but is not pushing the issue hard enough. For warranty coverage, Kawasaki should err to the side of the consumer when there is no clear evidence one way or another regarding cause of damaged parts. If Kawasaki routinely takes the approach of "proving" workmanship or material defects for their warranty requests, their warranty is worthless. I am awaiting Kawi reconsideration and will update regarding whether Kawasaki stands behind their warranty or not.

Otherwise, the BF was a great ride up to the point when the left rear fell apart. Is it a fluke or is their issue with Kawi's new IRS? Compared to my 4000+ mile experience with my 650 Prairie and few issues, this may be an indicator of things to come for the BF...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Travelor
Congrats on your new Purchase! My old betsy is running better than ever. Blip the throttle and she wants to stand at attention.

I'm holding out for the second year EFI Prairie 700/750. But it will be hard to part with my 02. She will DEFINATELY hang with the big boys on the trails.
The Highlifter forum has a lot of info. Be sure your dealer has done the recall tech bulletin and doublecheck all your nuts and bolts. The brute owners ar getting the Dyno jet kit to fix their low speed miss/glowing exhaust problems

Happy trails[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

travelor, the guys over at Hi lifter talk about the BF constantly. I have almost stopped going in Hi Lifter because Im sick of seeing BF this and BF that.

Old 10-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 100% happy & pleased with my BF750. After just 75 days of ownership I have more miles on this BF 750 than I did with my Cat 650V2 after 9 months of ownership.
All of the makes bark at warranty claims but if you have a great dealer you can usually get all of your problems takin care of to your satisfaction.
I have no complaints so far with the BF. My recall letter did not apply to my BF, as everything is tight as it can be. I have not notice the low speed miss but I did have the Dealer rejet my BF before I even picked it up, so they must of fixed the faulty needle at the same time.
This BF is not as comfy as my Cat 650 was but it sure does out-handle, out-power, out-steer, out-brake & is don right a blast to ride fast & roost thru the corners & I am doing all of this on the stock tires. I need to get a set of the Type 6 C-series for my BF, I had a set for my Cat 650, never got them on & sold them to a friend that still says he likes his Cat 650. I've got a set of Badlands 25x11 for the rears, 25X8s for the fronts, along with the slight off-set of the Type 6 wheels, I think I will have even more fun sliding around corners.
I heard from an Kawasaki dealer that the Prairie Name is NO-More after the '05 model year. The Brute Force '06 650 SRA EFI will be the replacement for the present P700. This Dealer also said some major changes are coming for the BF650 SRA EFI as well for '06. This Dealer also stated that the BF750 will stay as an 749cc but it too will be EFI for '06. He also said Suzuki will not be offering the Twin Peaks as an 700 in '06 but Cat still will offer the 650 Vtwins in their line-up.

Old 10-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the replys everybody. I didn't know it would ride that much better, can take the bumps much easier now. Was worried I couldn't spin cookies, but it is so fun beating your buddies. Seems everybody wants to race and now I can beat the 700 stock prairi and 650 cat by a long ways. turns better than cat but cat rides nice. Now ,what to do to this one?

Quick Reply: Happy with brute force,where is all the b.f. talk?