Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Tecati

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2000, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,i am in a situation.I have the chance to buy a stock 1985 tecati threewheeler for $400.All it needs is a new axle.is that a good deal?Are parts for it easy to find?Are they nice quads?How fast do they go? Thanks

Old 08-30-2000, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Is it liquid cooled or air? I know the water cooled ones were awesome motors(these are the same motors that Kawie used in their quads in 87 & 88). As far as getting parts. You may have to do some searching. Most dealers are going to have a hard time getting parts for a such a rare machine.
If it runs good and you like 3-wheelers. I'd say buy it. I'm sure you can find someone with a used axle(even from a Tecate-4) that you can pick-up for cheap.

Old 09-02-2000, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

If it is in good condition, get it. They are great machines. Parts are a little hard to get, but not impossible. I had one a million years ago and it ran great, very fast. Not quite as reliable as honda, but in no way a piece of junk. If I remember correctly, the 85 had the radiator where the number plate goes with the headlight mounted above, kind of up high. Also had the fat front tire. Lots of people said the headlight would break in first crash, NOT TRUE! I had my machine come over backwards on hill climbs many times and never damaged the light. It is a great sider and you can ride effortless wheelies all damn day. Enjoy!

Old 09-03-2000, 04:58 AM
Pro Rider

I just picked up 3 n 4 wheeler mag they did a test on 1988 250s honda ,suzi and kawi tecate it brought back teen memories and tears to see these 3 great machines gone from the line-up and only 3000 bucks,maybe the good old days are really gone as price is concerend