Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Muzzy or DMC duals ... does DMC really have issues ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muzzy or DMC duals ... does DMC really have issues ???

Ok, I know the exhaust stuff is beaten to death but need some more warm fuzzies or No Ways to make the decision for my KFX700. Muzzys seem to have the consensus on making the most power, not being too obnoxious db wise, no quality issues voiced, priced low, equal lenght headers, and is a sweet looking single so they are an obvious consideration. I initially really wanted the DMC aliens as I love the look and I briefly had a KFX700 with them and they sounded good. Now there are hints that the DMCs might have packing issues (especially get blown out on right side), might actually not be producing any HP or torque gains, and perhaps quality issues but not sure if this is a majority consensus or a few incidents getting blown out of proportion. If they are equal I will go with the DMCs hands down personally but if there are true quality issues I dont want to waste spending about $150+ more (especially higher on quite core/arrestors than Muzzy) as the Muzzy is also sweet. So, is there really wide spread quality issues with the DMCs to steer me to the single Muzzy !!!???? Again, I think Muzzys have the perfomance upper hand but the dual aliens look so sweet and unique so would take a Little less performance if they are a quality pipe.

Thanks in advance ...

Old 11-04-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

I love my Muzzys. And you can keep your tool box.

Old 11-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Trailblazer

Depends on what type if riding you do. Wide open areas (dunes) go with duels.they make more mid and top end power. Woods and trail riding 2 into 1 makes more bottom and end torque. I have seen a lot of V,s and Prairies running the HMF's and they sound great.No loud at all & all like them.

Old 11-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

I have the DMC dual's on my V. The only issue i have with them , is the sticker on the right can came off. Other than that they produce considerable gains throughout the powerband. Now with that said , the DMC's are very loud and like said above , the Muzzy's will produce more lowend than the DMC.

Trailride

Old 11-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

well my friend has dmc's and he can smoke me pretty good so I know they make good power.His packing did halfway blow out on the right side,but he just took both of them out and now has hollow mufflers.Now it sounds like a monster