Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel spacers

1. Is anyone running wheels spacers on their prairie?

2. Is anyone running a lift on their prairie?

3. Has anyone duplicated a lift kit from highlifter or anyother place?

Does anyone know where the best and the cheapest place to get these parts is or give me some good links?

Old 11-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Wheel spacers

I ran some kawasaki wheel spacers on mine and then they broke. If you get some i would suggest the ones from highlifter because there metal if you get them before each ride check and make sure they are tight or you maybe going home on only two studs like i did.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:22 AM
Range Rover
Default Wheel spacers

Okay thanks for your input.

Reason being that i asked i seen a grizzly 660 this weekend that had 29.5 outlaw tires on it. With a 6" lift and 1.5 wheel spacers.

I wonder how much of a difference wheel spacers would make in mudholes because right now my skidplate grabs alot. If i could just get a better bite in the mud because of a wider stance?

Old 11-17-2004, 08:53 AM
Range Rover
Default Wheel spacers

It looked something like this minus the double wheels.

Grizzly

Old 11-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel spacers

I do alot of mudding... as long as your tires stay out of the ruts, you will likely keep going ( Having the right tire can make as much difference in climbing out of the ruts as anything )... if your quad is narrower than the quads making the ruts, you'll be fine... but if you regularly ride with quads that are wider than stock, & you install spacers, you'll likely get hung up even more... a wider quad, will add stability, which can allow you to drive faster, with more control... this can help reduce the places you get hung up...

generally a lift will raise the center of gravity, making your quad more "tippy", it can increase the CV joint angles to the point of binding, at full compression or extension, & generally can allow you to run taller tires... I don't personally like lifts on my quads, because I do more than just mudding, & I'm not willing to give up the drivability for other types of competition... I do regularly compete against several Prairies ( as well as alot of IRS quads ), that have lifts, & spacers... they can never go through deeper mud, or go through faster than my old beast... ( I will likey add a set of custom spacers, when I install the 33" Tractor tires, before the mud nats, so that the quad is not tippy...

Old 11-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Range Rover
Default Wheel spacers

Thanks,

Newbeatle that is the reply i was looking for. I don't really wanna add a lift but would like to have something for when i am going on a "mud" ride.

Do you think i could install outlaw 29.5 on stock rims or itp c-series wheels with out a lift and just wheel spacers for the days when you go deep mudding?

I just want something for show and "serious play" besides my 27" ITP 589's.

Will you lift your prairie when you install the 33" tractor tires?

Old 11-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel spacers

JOSH... no lift for the 33"... but I will be replacing the floorboards, with a set of shorter ( front to back ) custom aluminum boards, to allow room for the tires, & am making a set of aluminum wheel adaptors from the Kawi bolt pattern, to the standard automotive 8 lug pattern, so that after I get the 33" tires dialed in, I can work on the next project, which is a gear reduction lift, & 22" aluminum wheels, for a set of 42" rice & cane tires...

as long as your springs are good, a set of 29.5's will go on the Prairie, with out a lift, except for the floorboards...although a 1" lift will help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2004, 01:10 AM
Range Rover
Default Wheel spacers

I run 5", 2 1/2" each side, on the rear of my Brute and 400 Prairie. No Problems here!!

Old 11-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Range Rover
Default Wheel spacers

kill zone where did you pick up your wheel spacers at?

Old 11-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Range Rover

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers