Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

atr's or mudlite

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atr's or mudlite

i recently bought an 05 p 700 team green machine and have discovered in the first 200 miles that the stock tires are a joke. i have got a set of progressive suspension springs ordered for the front and am at a fork in the road on which tire to buy. i really want a radial, and i like the itp atr's but i do not want to get caught with my pants around my ankles in a big mudhole either. the mudlite looks like a good all around tire for the money. could someone let me know whether or not they handle and ride anything like the atr's or not. i trail ride at a very fast clip and want tires that dont roll over like the stock ones do. after my winch was installed the traction went way south. before it would wheely on command, and now all it does is through dirt and rocks. my buddies dont want to ride with me because of the flying debris. let me know which one bites the best on the trails. thanks in advance, pete

Old 11-17-2004, 09:29 AM
Range Rover
Default atr's or mudlite

Well, the ATR is a much more trail oriented tire. The Mudlite is a good all around performer, but it is designed for nastier stuff and wont slide as well. The Mudlite is an awesome tire in mud and hardpack, but for speed & handling I'd go with an ATR all day.

Just my 2 cents...

Mike

Old 11-17-2004, 10:44 AM
BRT
Trailblazer
Default atr's or mudlite

Exactly what he said.

Mudlites are a tad heavier than the ATRs but a 360 still pulls them fine.

Oh your buds will still hate you for slingin stuff. Both of these tires will put out some roosts even on a 360.

Cool lookin though.

Old 11-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default atr's or mudlite

I concure with the above statements and add that my ATR's are out of ballance, my BF wobbles above 55MPH, that's something else to consider.

Old 11-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default atr's or mudlite

I have owned both and will have to agree that the ATR's do have balance issue's and you will notice it on pavement or hardpack, the Mudlites do not "wobble" as bad and actually slide better to me because the ATR's grip too good, it's hard to get the rear end around, If I was dead set on the radials, get the Carlisle Badlands XTR's they steer easier than the ITP's, are slightly better in mud, and are better balanced I have found..........

Old 11-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Range Rover
Old 11-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default atr's or mudlite

I love the mudlites, I think they slide good. Any tire with "paddles" and no "knobbys" I think will slide more. Of course the paddle and somewhat transverse "chevron" design of the mudlite is the ultimate for control of slide and smooth riding and balance. I just love them. As with any 6ply tire, the wall will be strong and you can work them too slide, play around with PSI per riding conditions. I ride higher PSI in sand, loose soil, mud. Lower PSI in harder pack. I have tried the stock,and Gators in comparison. The stock are junk, same with any model. I have over 700miles on them, mostly mud, sand, gravel, hard dirt riding and showing very little wear. I have them on stock wheels (25").

Old 11-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Range Rover
Default atr's or mudlite

pm me i have a complete set four 210.00 + i will ship them they are new new as in brand new. I thought they had a bigger lug they are 25'' tires i guess i need to go to 26'' to get the bigger lug. Give me a offer.

Old 11-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default atr's or mudlite

how do you pm? i am new to this forum jibberish. thanks

Old 11-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default atr's or mudlite

Click on the lock icon in Bombman's post Header[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: atr's or mudlite