Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Plushest Ride: Brute Force Vs King Quad Vs Gizzly

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plushest Ride: Brute Force Vs King Quad Vs Gizzly

Has anyone been able to compare the ride quality, "the plushest ride", the quad that has the least "jarring effect?" How does the grizzly compare to the Brute Force, the Prairie, and the King Quad?

Old 11-21-2004, 12:39 AM
Range Rover

Out of the ones I've drove the Rincon has it hands down in the smooth dept.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Here is my opinion, have had a Grizz, Sportsman, and now the King. Wife's friend has a Rincon.

1. Any sportsman. Hands down the "plushest ride"
2 Suzuki King Quad
3 Honda Rincon
4 Grizzly and Brute tied... Brute feels a bit more mushy, but doesn't seem to translate that when the speeds climb.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:15 AM
Pro Rider

Grizzjeeper,

Since you have rode all the monster 700cc+ machines which do you prefer? I currently have a Vinson and it does everything I could ever throw at it but I need a second quad and am thinking of passing the old Vinny to my Wife. I'm looking for the best overall quad. I've never really rode an IRS machine for any length of time but it shouldn't be to hard to get use to right? Most of my riding is through the mountains of Alaska so my machine rarely sees 40mph but I still love sliding the rear end out when I get the chance. As of right now I'm leaning toward the KQ but why are the racks so small? Also what colors does it come in? My brother said he saw a black one but I think he must have mistaken it for the Limited Edition Vinson.

Old 11-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deducting from your requirements, Outrage- it sounds like a BF 650 will most aptly fit your needs.

Old 11-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deducting from your requirements, Outrage- it sounds like a BF 650 will most aptly fit your needs.

Old 11-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

I've owned them all but the KQ, the Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI was the plushest.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Outrage.

I think you will be very comfortable on the King. The ergo's are very similar to that of the vinson. The King is not as sporty as the vinson, but sportier than any IRS quad. Power is plentyful, much more than the vinson, grizz, and rincon but not as powerful as the v-twins.

I think the king is the most well thought out quad to date, lots of details were put into this machine. I was in a gravel pit the other day playing around in some very off camber situations and this mchine is very well planted, even more than my Eiger, and that inspires confidence.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Range Rover

The Brute, mine anyways, seems to ride more sporty than expected. I have the suspension set at all "3's" which is the middle of the adjustment spectrum. Honestly, I like the firmer ride and responsiveness. Sure, the BF does ride harder than some of the other IRS bikes, but I prefer that. It does NOT dive as badly as the others. Of course, on bumpy straght trails, It would be nicer to be a little more plush.

I have 26" 589's which are not exactly pleasant tires to ride on so that's some of my problem.

Mike

Old 11-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer

I've riddedn a few Sportsmans' but none of the big bore quads except for my BF750. My buddies Sportsman 400 rides like a dream but is totally gutless. It's barely any FUN to ride at all. It does do tha job well when you need to get from place to place in the forest though. The reason for the freat ride on the Polaris utilities is due to their being incredibly overweight. My buddies' 400 weighs real close to a hundred pounds more than my 750! I'd rather be bumped around a little more but be mroe agile and powerful. My bf750 is set to 3 in the rear and 2 in the front and handles fairly well except for the cheesy stock tires. I do get bumped a bit harder than my buddy when crawling over large obstacles but at speed she rides awesome, smooth, controlable.

God bless,

-BunnMan

Quick Reply: Plushest Ride: Brute Force Vs King Quad Vs Gizzly