Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

itp wheels for brute

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default itp wheels for brute

what back spacing do you need for the bf750 because there is no listings yet, and should you change
the offset from where it is now to move the wheels out for better handling

Old 11-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

+15 front and rear is what me and my friend's are running, it will make the wheels and tires stick out about 1.5 inches more than stock, it's also the least backspacing they have...........

Old 11-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

the ITP "C" series I ordered were the same wheel for the front and the back, but they widened my front by 3 inches total and the rear by 6 inches total. It barely fits on a 4 foot wide trailer now (the rear tires actually rub) but handles way better than stock.

Old 11-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

What I want is 6" wheels up front, and 8" wheels in the back, with just a bit more outside offset, not much. Doesn't seem like any of the manufacturers make such a thing yet. I do not want to put my skinny front tires on a 7" rim, and my wide rear tires on a 7" rim. Anybody know if these exist?

Old 11-29-2004, 09:35 PM
TDC
Trailblazer

I'm running 12x8 Douglas Red Labels front and rear on my Brute. The spacing is 3" in 5" out. I have 26"x10" Mudzillas on the front and 26"x12" Mudzillas on the back. I run about 2 psi more in the fronts than in the rears to compensate for the difference in height caused by the narrow tires on wide wheels. Because of the wide wheels the tires have a very square profile that looks great and the wide track width made the Brutes handling outstanding! I've had Grizzlies, Scramblers, Wolverines and a few others with a lot of tire and wheel combinations and this setup out handles them all hands down.(This is more a result of the wide wheels than the Mudzilla tires, they're extremely rough on anything but mud.)

Old 11-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

TDC...How do the Douglas .190's look on the Brute? What kind of lug nuts do you use, and what do you use for hubcaps? Will the stock rubber hubcaps work with the douglas wheels? I'd want to have something in the wheel centers. I see Douglas also makes the 6" width .190 for the front allso. What offsets would I need to get (if they offer different ones) to increase my width a bit, but not make 8" rears stick out farther than 6" fronts? Just wondering if you know any more about this subject with regard to offset options.

Old 12-01-2004, 12:33 AM
TDC
Trailblazer

I think they look great. They come with flanged lug nuts(acorns won't work) and I've also found some stainless steel flanged lug nuts that will work. As far as hubcaps go, I used the rubber center caps from the little Prarie(360 I think?). They don't cover the whole center but they protect the axle nut. They just slide over the axle nut and hook around the flange. The stock center caps will not work. Douglas makes a 12x7 wheel with a 4 in 3 out offset. You could run these on all four corners if you didn't want to have quite as much track width but you would still need to run different tire preasures front and rear. Most of the aftermarket wheels for IRS machines are 12x7's with the same offset on all four corners even with different tire widths. You could run 12x7's on the front with 2" wheel spacers and the 12x8's on the rear but you wouldn't be any narrower than my setup and the deep offset wheels on all four corners look much better. Also, I'd be worried about the additional leverage being placed on the tie rods etc. by the wheel spacers. Your last option is to put the 12x7's on the front outside right and the 12x8's on the rear inside out. To do this you would need to have very short valve stems to clear the a-arms but I think it might work. If your interested in this I can probably check the clearances for you this weekend but I wouldn't order the wheels untill I can check. No matter which way you go the rear track width will be slightly wider because of wider tires, but it's hardly noticeable(about 1" on each side). Maybe I can get some pics to you.

Trending Topics

Old 12-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Range Rover

I have the C4 Black aluminum rims and the 26" set of 589's on my Brute and all is VERY well in slop-land.

The 26" kit gives you great stability without killing your drivetrain and requiring other mods / upgrades.

See my pics for a view or two.

Mike

Old 12-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

TDC, Some pics would be great! I'd appreciate that. Let me know. I think I'd like to get a set of the .190's, but I don't want to make a mistake on selection. I'd like to know what I'm gettin into first. Thanks.

Old 12-01-2004, 11:50 PM
TDC
Trailblazer

The pics should be in the gallery under TDC shortly. I got a few more if these don't help.

Quick Reply: itp wheels for brute