Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Sunk My Prairie 700!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunk My Prairie 700!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I went riding really hard on wensday. I rode all day and was covered in mud got it all on video. I have a dv camera and a s-video cable and connect on my pc and have never really tried upload could anyone help me with some links or some programs that will upload it.

Anyways i was trying to shoot a pond on my atv and made it fine the first time and my atv was floating. The second time i wasn't so lucky i shot it again because my freind forgot to take the cap off the video camera and i went out futher and deeper and the atv started turning towards the middle of the lake a it leaned on me towards the right and i fell off. And under it went. I had to swim with it out and man it was cold. It was about 40 degrees outside.

So i took it home and stood it on it's back racks for about 1 hour and dumped all of the water out. I also drained the oil, The front and rear diff fluids, and all of the gas and replaced with fresh gas.

I also need to replace the plugs i forgot to get some i am picking some up today. But is there anything else i need to check or replace?

Old 11-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Drain and or blow water out of your exhaust, PCV line, Airbox & drains, vent lines in handlebar plastic, CVC clutch cover, pull starter, carb bowls, fuel line to and from fuel petcock and dont forget to dry out your stash in the rear storage compartment. May want to also check all your fuses and let a fan blow air on your CDI fuse area under your seat while your quad is drying out. Also do a compression check to ensure you don't have bent valves from Hydrolock. My quad also had some vent lines under the middle skid pad.

Old 11-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Range Rover

My rear storage was dry. I took off the air box and cleaned it really good and stood the atv on the rear rack and let all of the water drain out while the airbox was off and a empty tank of gas. I took a air hose to my cdi and all of my fuses really good. I also pull the pull start a few times. I am gonna change the plugs tonight. I haven't tried to start it since it has been underwater.

How do i get the water out of the vent line under the handle bar plastic and under the skid pad?
I have a pull/suck pump thing with a thin and big hose on the end that is what i drained the gas and everything else with.

Old 11-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Find out where they connect on the engine/bike, (look in your shop manual) remove line at engine/bike and blow out with air gun.

The lines under the center skid pad simply inspect, disconnect/blow out if needed. Snorkel to your airfilter also has a capped drain line.

The clutch housing cover and muffler ingest a lot of water when submerged. Dry & clean your clutches in case you injested mud. Turn over your engine with the plugs removed to ensure all the water is out before you try and crank it.

Mine took a couple of oil changes to get all the water out. Think it hurt my pride more than the ATV.

Happy trails

Old 11-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

i've done it too, your quad will be fine...

Old 11-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

I've done the same thing, the quad will be fine...

Old 11-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

My bad for the double post

Old 11-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your priarie is a strong bike. IT will work out.

hey cam 650, what is this know that you want to trade for a 700 or brute again. you had a brute and t/p, and you sold them and they probally had very few miles on them and then you want to get ride of the k/q back for a kawasaki again. whats the matter with the k/q. dontl like it. I hope you get a new kawie again. haha. go kawie.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Range Rover

Well i took the cvt cover off last night watched the water rush out it was about half full inside the cvt cover. and i also changed the plugs and pull start with the ignition off a couple of times with a plug out.

That is about as far as i got last night busy day.

I am gonna drain the carbs because i sucked the water out of the carbs and poured some gas in there so it wasn't dry. I think it will be flooded if i don't.

Okay gonna check the vent lines tonight will let you guys know.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Range Rover

Okay i drained the carbs, front and read diff, oil, gas, new plugs. I replaced everything. I used k&n recharger kit on my air filter.

It started right up. My exhaust is louder than it was could it be my packing in my exhaust is wet and ruined? I have some new packing but it is really needed? Could it hurt performance or my motor if i don't have it? Because it really sounds good..

Josh

Quick Reply: Sunk My Prairie 700!